"Just following my protocol. I go where command sends me." Replied Hash, purposely being vague.

I laughed. Over the years it had changed. It went from a genuine heartfelt noise, to a sound that resembled a demon trying to deceive an angel. It made people uncomfortable at how something as simple as my laugh could affect them. "Right. Quit the stalling, let's go see these inmates. And while you're at it, you can tell me what got you sent on guard duty."

He chuckles. "Whatever you say." He complies, and I follow him down the cold looking corridors.

"So spit it out." I tell him, my voice not demanding, but expectant.

"Well, before I explain, just know most of this wasn't my fault." He says in advance, his signature mischief laced into his tone.

"Oh here we go." I mumble and prepare myself for a story.

"So, you know how I was stationed on Corellia to look into suspicious data corruption?" He starts and I give him an 'mm-hm' to keep going. "Well I found traces of credits leading back to the Black Sun syndicate, and they originated from Sonnell Macarvey."

I raised my eyebrows. "Sonnell Macarvey? The Prime Minister?"

Hash nodded. "The one and only. So I of course confronted him about it-"

"Of course you did." I rolled my eyes and murmured.

"And he denied it all." He continued. "In fact he threatened to put my head on a spike if I ever told a soul about anything I found. Which is completely contradictory to him supposedly having nothing to do with it, but I think he's too dumb to realize that. I mean, if you're gonna do business with a crime syndicate and leave a trace how smart can you be?"

"So what did you do?" I asked out of consideration for his story, for I already knew what he would've done.

"Well, I played into his ego and acted like I was genuinely afraid of him and that wasn't too hard to pull off since he's quite the gullible little fellow. Then I gathered evidence of the credit trace to find out just what he was paying the Black Sun to do. Turns out he was using them to cover up hundreds of thousands of credits worth of spice trade, and in the process he was creating small bumps in the shipment data. He not only paid off the Black Sun to cover up the spice trade but to smooth over the data." Hash pauses to gauge my reaction. "Trouble for him is the Black Sun isn't what it used to be, so their hackers didn't do quite the good enough job. When the shipment data returned back to the Empire, they found suspicious doctoring of the units and the rest is history."

I chuckle. "Right, so what about all that got you here?"

He points his finger in the air, to emphasize his making a point. "I told the higher ups what I had found and they agreed they would take him in. But they assumed I was in on the whole ordeal too. This was only because I had done most of the researching myself, so they told me it looked suspicious, like I had been trying to cover my bosses tracks and when it failed, I cut my loses and ran." 

"But?" I encourage him.

"But, with a little extra explaining and a guilty confession from Mr. Macarvey, I was reprimanded for lack of communication with my superiors and given five rotations of detention black duty." He finished.

"This is why I wanted to go on that mission too." I tell him.

He laughed. "You would've made the whole thing overkill. Besides, you may be a top ranked official but you're no ISB agent."

I shrug. "Suppose you're right. Guess you learnt your lesson. Don't try and be a hero."

He gave me a dry laugh. "Preaching to the choir, Kyra."