Chapter 2

I woke from another vision, my black hair matted to my forehead. I threw the covers off me and let the cold air hug my body. I looked at my alarm clock. About five thirty. I got up and rubbed my eyes. My vision had seemed so real. Almost like I could feel everything happening. I could feel the night air, smell the damp soil, hear the animals quietly making noises and see every detail of the vision.

I hated thinking about visions. It required too much patience and clarity, days of meditating. Unless the vision is initially clear, its something I thoroughly disliked to experience. I looked around my room, the medium sized quarters looked the same each day. My bed was accompanied by a single dresser with no drawers. To the left of the room, my wardrobe and refresher, to the left, the door that led into my office. 

I decided to jump into the refresher. The water helped wash away the perspiration and refresh my mind. Once I was finished, I dressed into my black tunic, and layered on some armor, my usual outfit for the day. My hair was being cooperative, and I was able to braid around the back of my head into a spiral. 

Despite having a relaxing shower and a smooth day ahead, my mind was still clouded and rattled anxiously. I hated that feeling. That feeling of grogginess that hung over me, no matter how awake I felt. It made me feel less aware of my surroundings, like my senses had been dulled down to nothing. 

Well, there was something  that helped to clear my mind. 

The sensation of having the Force run through me in the heat of combat. 

Since my next mission debrief wasn't until later, I could probably squeeze in a bit of training. I left my quarters and made for the detention level. What a wonderful place for me. It was wonderful because it was where hundreds of prisoners were kept, wasting space day after day until we finally offloaded them on our next stop. It made me feel good to cull off the useless vessels that contributed nothing to this ship. 

I strode through the corridors, head held high, something I had learnt was necessary in this environment. Every officer bowed their head in respect as I passed them. They never used to do that. I was glad I had picked up on how to survive both in the real world and the social one. 

But I had to admit, I loved the way I could make someone so nervous and so scared. It was like my power demanded to be known, that the seeds that had been planted so long had finally grown into strong trees, worthy of recognition. In a way, I believed I had earned the respect so many gave me. 

Finally, I reached the detention level. Just as heavily guarded as always, I walked up to the administration desk.

The guard on duty gave me a curious half smile. I returned it and looked to the administration woman.

"Lord Kyra, it's a pleasure to see you again." She greeted neutrally. 

"Likewise." I said in false kindness. "Have you any prisoners that have displayed the requirements I asked for?"

She typed for a moment and clicked a few things on her screen. "There's a few that may interest you. Shall I have Commander Kline accompany you?"

"Very well." I nod once and turn back to the guard.

He continues to give me a mischievous look.

"At your service, my Lord." He says with a slight bow.

"Come now, Commander Kline, enough of the formalities. What the kark is an ISB agent doing in the detention blocks?" I ask with a smirk.

Hash Kline was one of a handful of other officers that served alongside me. We had been undertaking missions for years and were regarded as an elite black ops task force, so to find him here of all places was strange.