Chapter 12

Song: Waiting Game by Banks
(Darth Kyra)
Anxiety flowed through the base, myself being the source. I could tell people were getting fed up with my abilities. It made me laugh to myself every few moments or so. I found so much satisfaction at the expense of others. The Rebels had confined me to a prison cell. Ice covered the walls, floors and bars. There was one wooden bench in the room, that had been suspended above the ground by metal chains, which I was now occupying. They also added binders for a bit of peace at mind. As if a cell or binders could contain me. But surely they would know by now that if escaping was my desire, I would have done it already. This was something that they didn't understand. Luke, however, should have some idea. After all, the Force is strong with him.

If the upcoming presense of people wasn't confirmation enough that I had visitors, the low metal creak from the other end of the hall supported it. A few seconds later, a guard appeared.

"You have a visitor." Said the guard.

My eyes didn't leave him until Luke Skywalker was standing in the door way.

"Come in, Skywalker." I greeted.

He had no response.

"I'll be fine." He said, dismissing the guard.

Skywalker waited until we were alone to turn and face me.

"Well, well. To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure you know why I'm here." He answered.

"Yes," I nodded, "but I assumed you would have questions. Or was I mistaken?" Her sweet poisionous smile revealed she already knew.

He knew I wasn't, that was why he was shaking his head.

"I've got questions. Starting with who are you and why I should believe anything you say." He looked at me with a calm, yet pained expression.

"You already believe me. I can see right through you. You are very transparent." I said.

"I may be easy to see through, but you'll find I'm full of surprises." He shot.

I laughed at the uncanniness of his words. They were words of the future.

"Why do you do that?" Asked Luke, wincing at the sound of my laughter.

"Laugh at non-exsistant things? It comes with the abilities."

Luke walked over to the icey wall and put his arm against it and rested his head.

"Find my presense draining?" I asked with a wicked smile.

"Who were you before you became Darth Kyra?" He answered my question with another question.

Clearly he wanted answers. And by all means he deserved them. Just I wasn't willing to give them up so easily. He began to slowly walk from one wall to another. My eyes followed him as I finally answered.

"No one. I was no one."

"You must have had a name."

"I did. But that doesn't mean it belonged to me." I tilted my head, playing games was always a bit of fun.

"What was your name?" He pressed.

"I don't know. I was nothing more than a baby when I last heard my name. If I wanted to, I could find out."

"Then why don't you?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Because I don't want to," I scoffed and continued, "why is it that you care so much about something so little?"

His hope was extinguished. "Because I care about my friends and I want to find out what the threat is."

"You see me as a threat?"

"Look around! You really think someone who isn't a threat would be in here?"

"Yes. If I wanted to escape I would've done it already. I guess that makes me a threat."

"Why haven't you escaped? Why are you still here?"

"Almost the same reason as you. Except I have answers that need questions. I won't leave until I've gotten them."

"Our reasons for being here are nothing alike. I'm here to free the galaxy from the iron fist of the Empire. Your here to keep it that way."

"Well done. Tell me Luke, how many nights have you stayed up figuring that one out, hm?" I said in a condescending tone.

He clenched his fists then exhaled a sharp breath to calm himself.

"Why should I believe you?" He asked quietly.

I could barely hear him.

"I don't understand why you are so upset. It is the truth. If I were you, I would accept it. Tearing yourself up over simple facts is useless."

"My father is not a Sith!" Luke shouted.

"Yes he is! And shouting about it will not change that." I shot back.

Luke turned from me and banged on the bars, signalling he had had enough. The guard returned and opened the door to let Luke out. I stopped Luke with my words before he left.

"You know, Luke. There's hardly a difference between good and evil. Both are seeking peace. The only real difference is, evil will be willing to do anything to get it. Are you sure your on the right side?"

"Are you?" He then turned and left.

I laughed another poisoned laugh and let it echo through the prison cells. It was an eerie sound that only pure evil could replicate. I doubt young Skywalker will sleep well at all tonight.