Chapter 17

Song: Heights by Vaydr
(Floe and Hale)

"I'm trying to reach Lando Calrissian." Said Han.

After getting stuck in an astroid feild for who knows how long, we decieded to make a run for it. We had heard back from everybody at the rendavous point and they told us the only people other than us that didn't show, were Luke and Floe. But everybody knows, if it's Luke we're talking about, he's off doing some Jedi business. But Floe...now he was worried. He's tried to contact her numerous times, but she never responds. Hale has tried not to think it but...what if she's...dead? What if she crashed somewhere, or ran into trouble with some Imperials? Or maybe she could just be imprisoned somewhere. That's what Hale kept telling himself anyway.

A blast shook me from my thoughts.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Han yelled through the comlink.

"You will not deviate from your present course." Said a hard voice.

What was going on?

"I thought you said these people knew you." Said Leia sarcastically.

"Well that was a long time ago. Surly he's forgotten about that." Han said to himself.

All of a sudden, we were clear to land. I had a bad feeling about this.

The Millenium Falcon landed, and everybody began to exit off the ship, to find a group of people coming towards us.

"...you got a lot of guts coming here. After what you pulled." A voice became audiable.

Han walked up to them and they were saying something until the man hugged Han with a pat on the back.

"How you doin', you old pirate? So good to see you!"

"Hey." Han said back with surprise.

"What do ya need?" The man asked Han.

"Parts for the Falcon." Han replied.

"What have you done to my ship?" He asked suspicously.

"Your ship? Hey...I got her fair and square."

The man laughed and looked over Han's shoulder.

"And how you doin' Chewbacca? You still hanging out with this loser?" He said to Chewie, who replied with a laugh.

Han led the man over to us.

"Everyone, this is Lando Calrissian. This is my buddy Hale, and-"

"Who is this beautiful lady?" Asked Lando, taking Leia's hand and placing a kiss on top.

"Leia." She said with a fake smile, obviously being polite.

Han cleared his throat and Lando got back on track, leading Han, Leia, Hale, Chewie, R2 and 3PO, through his enomous cloud city.

* * *

Once Floe finished lifing weights for an hour, she headed back up to her room to prepare for her meeting. Coleen was at the ready, only sitting on Floe's couch, looking through something with great intent, on her data pad.

After she took a shower, Floe looked in her wardrobe to see an emsemble that looked fitting for the occasion. A pair of black tights and a singlet, underneath a lightly armoured skirt and top. The armour was mainly dull and had minimal covering. It was more a symbol, saying "I'm ready for a fight at any given moment," but, "as long as I'm not in battle, I can relax a little." She wore this and a pair of boots that were made to match the outfit.

Floe did her hair into a tightly braided bun, and used darker colours for her makeup. Once she was complete, Coleen took her down to the meeting room at seven thirty.

She walked in, leaving Coleen to wait outside until the meeting finished. Inside, there was a large table, where many different officers sat. There were two seats left. One for herself and...oh no...Lord Vader. Floe sucked in a breath through her nose and walked over to where Lord Kyra was sitting.

"Lord Kyra." Floe greeted her.

Kyra had her eyes were shut, then she rose her head.

"Floe Amira. Take a seat." She then closed her eyes again.

She was seated between Kyra and an officer of higher rank.

Floe sat still and silent until Kyra rose her head and stood. A few moments later, Vader strode into the room, making her feel like she couldn't breathe. Kyra slightly bowed, before she and her father were seated.

The head officer opened the meeting with comments of gratitude towards Vader and Kyra's appearance. Lord Kyra took the baton from there.

"I have been watching our troops go into battle with these rediculous rebels for a long time now. I am very dissapointed!" Kyra slamed her fist onto the table.

Floe could everybody wanted to jump at the sound, but were too protective of their bravery; including herself.

"If nobody is capable of sending out orders and bringing back simple information, I will have to assign a new body to fill that position," Kyra motioned for Floe to stand, and she followed, "this is my new associate, Floe Amira. She will be training with me for as long as I see fit."

"Floe Amira? Doesn't that name sound off?" Asked an officer.

"What do you mean?" Kyra asked.

"I mean, shouldn't she have a new name to seal her allegiance to us?"

Kyra looked down at the floor and concentrated for a moment. She then smiled and breathed out a laugh.

"What is your opinion on the matter?" Kyra turned to Floe.

She looked at Kyra then at the officers. She didn't dare sneak a glance at Lord Vader.

"It seems like a reasonable thing to do." She lied.

The last thing Floe wanted to do was change her name. Her name was the last shred of home she had left. The Rebellion, the Empire; they had taken it all. But Floe wanted nothing more than to prove herself and this seems like the only way.

"Excellent. I will compose you a new name, but for now we will continue with the use of your primary name. Are we finished here?" Kyra turned to Vader.

To Floe's dissmay, he stood, making him look like a nightmare. Then he spoke.

"This meeting has concluded. Lord Kyra, you will stay behind for instructions." Vader's deep metalic voice ordered.

Everyone stood, gave a slight bow, and headed out in an orderly fashion; until no one but Kyra, Vader and Floe was left.

Kyra turned to me.

"Amira, leave for a moment." She ordered.

Floe didn't hesitate to leave, however, she hovered around the doorway so she could listen.

"What is thy bidding, my master?" Said Kyra's voice.

"The Millenium Falcon has taken refuge in a nearby civilization. I wish for you and your worrior to accompany me, to ensure their capture." Said the unmistakable voice of Darth Vader.

"Yes, mater. When will we depart?"

"Immidiatly."

"It shall be done."

Footsteps began to make their way over to the doors. Floe pretended to be pacing back and forth, when they came out. Kyra bowed her head to Vader before quickening her pace; Floeo keep up.

"So what's happening?" Floe asked, trying to keep up.

"You already know, do you not?" Kyra didn't look at Floe.

"I'm not sure what you mean." Said Floe carefully.

Kyra stopped walking when they reached the doors that led into the hangar.

"I sensed you listening outside the doors. I'm not stupid. Those convostations are between me and Lord Vader. If you ever go behind my back again, you will be sorry." Kyra spoke with poison, and an ice cold glare.

A shiver travelled down Floe's spine. What had she gotten herself into?