Chapter 23

Song: My Love by Sia
(Victrina and Hale)

The battle had only just begun. Stormtroopers and Ewoks attacking each other. Hale fought his way through the Imperials with his blaster rifal.

Victrina led them straight into battle, dertimined to win, to prove herself worthy of Kyra's appraisal. She didn't care who she shot, who she punched, as long as she won.

Turning a bend, and signalling for more Rebels to come over, Hale ran into the chaos, blasting as many Stormtroopers as possible. Victrina was just about to fight off a Rebel when she seen Hale.

At first their eyes grazed each others, but then they realised who each of them were. It was as if everything suddenly stopped. Hale was making his way towards her, now. It was as if there were two magnets pulling them together, an unbreakable bond.

Hale was as little as four metres away, so close to her. She had changed. She had grown taller and had more muscle. Her curly brown hair now pinned into a braided bun. Her jaw had a more v- shape look to it. She was so beautiful and so surreal. Victrina noted that Hale had changed too. His skin was a more scorched sandy colour now, than ever. His hair had grown out slightly leaving it wavy around his ears.

Hale gulped and took a step foward toward her.

The moment ended abruptly, as Victrina was suddenly stabbed through her chest, by a sharp spear.

Everything turned into slow motion. Her chest was forced foward from the impact. Victrina's expression turned from feirce to shock, and the realisation of what just happened hit Hale. The blood began to pool out from inder her armor and dye her clothing red. At first she was confused, then looked down at her chest and touched it. Blood covered her hand as she looked up at Hale and fell to her knees, then onto her side.

Hale's face dropped into pure shock. He skidded down next to her, dirt flying into the air. He fussed over her, unsure of what to do. He had to do something to save her. He had to.

Her eyes were becoming more and more lifeless by the moment, as she began to slip away.

"No! You stay awake. You stay awake!" Hale shouted anxiously.

"Remember our promise. You will...keep things t-the same and n-never forget about me. D-don't forget...t-to travel to all the st-stars for me..." She whispered, forcing her last words out of her mouth.

"I remember, but you can't give up on me." Hale stroked her hair, as tears surfaced to the brim in his eyes.

"I'm...s-sorry...for leaving y-you." It was no longer Victrina, but Floe, who apologized weakly.

"Don't apologize. You did what you thought was right." Hale held her hand.

"H-hale...I....love you..." Floe took her final breath, before her eyes were drained of life, and left permanently dazed at the sky above.

"No, no, no!" Hale yelled in agony.

Everything was on mute. Hale's tears driped onto Floe's pale cheek. He hugged her lifeless body and cried into it, never wanting to let go...never wanting to forget about his one and only Floe Amira...