Chapter 5

//Are you confused? Yeah, I would be too lmao I told y'all this book was a construction site//

As the Captain took the ship into orbit, I gazed down at the glittering planet of Corescant. While I had to admit, it had a beauty that no other planet could hold a candle to, it was still a sad sight. So mechanical, it may as well be the up sized version of the Death Star. 

Of course there was no telling if that damn space station would turn out to be worth all the trouble it's caused. Corescant on the other hand, was a near self sustaining repertoire of credits, politics and manufactured goods. 

While it was ugly in a moral sense, the sight was beautiful, and it's produce bountiful.

I flicked a strand of loose hair behind my ear and held onto the chair I was standing behind in anticipation. As we neared the surface, hundreds of thousands of buildings became visible, and we slowly moved into the flow of Corescanti traffic. It was moving at a moderately fast pace today, and we zoomed past several recognizable buildings. 

"Prepare for landing, my Lord." Said the captain.

I nod and sit in one of the chairs in the cockpit. It was strange, but not being able to see where the ship was headed gave me a twinge of anxiety. It was stupid, I knew, but there was something about being able to see the oncoming traffic that gave me a feeling of control. If there was one thing that satisfied me, it was being having complete control over a situation. 

The flow increased as we exited the military and exclusive lanes. Speeders, posh transports and cargo ships; there was every kind of transportation here. It made it easy to blend in.