Real Thing (Liam Payne)

All they had was something fake. They agreed because they both need it desperately. Him? Because his career was at a downfall when his band decided to take a break. Her?Basically because she was tired of being rumored as a lesbian with some single a-list actresses. One year. That was all they needed to boost their career and to clear up the rumors,and they would go in separate ways.

Only they didn’t consider the fact that they would fell for each other, slowly, but surely.

At the eighth month of them “dating", he was going to confess to her that he loved her. So much. More than that, actually. He couldn’t forget the turn of event last month at the Grammy after party, when they’re both horny and drunk and careless. The morning after, he wished she wouldn’t have gone so quickly. And the morning after that, he wished she hadn’t acted so awkwardly in front of him. But he couldn’t say what he wished for, after all, he was only her fake boyfriend.

Liam pulled his black SUV off in the similar driveway on London downtown. He smiled to himself, thinking she would welcomed her with that pretty smile she was insecure of. The smile that could make him forget every hateful words thrown at him on daily basis. 

As the front door jingled, the mid forty lady at the front desk smiled at him, completely familiar of his face for the past months. Liam flashed his a billion dollar smile at her before getting in the elevator and pressed the right number of her apartment floor. The corners of his lips curled upward when her door came to a view. But to his surprise, her door was ajar, and he couldn’t help but worry at [Y/N]. Bad things could happened to her.

Only he was wrong. Her apartment was the same, but all of her belongings were no where in sight. He thought maybe he came to the wrong apartment, but no. This was hers, and there was a pink post-it glued to the fridge door. Liam snatched it impatiently, but then broke down in tears after that.

The words on the note said;

Hello Liam, don’t worry about me anymore. I really don’t want to leave this way, but… Do you remember that night a month ago? Yeah, well, it was amazing. But we were so reckless for not using protection. I am pregnant. I would stay here if our relationship was real. I would stay if you had answered you wanted a kid in sometime soon. I am sorry, I really am. I hope we will meet in the future, with different situation, and different time. 

Don’t worry, I will take care of our child.

P.S. I love you xx

[Y/N]

The news about their relationship spread like a wild fire. Only no one knew what they had was only for publicity, and the reason why she left. It boosted Liam’s career so fast, making him the most wanted man in the world. Little did they know, he was broken inside. He sang for the audience with emptiness. He sang for his fans with no emotion. He moved like a rag doll each day, making everyone who knew about his fake relationship with her doubted if it were actually fake.

Days turned into weeks. Weeks to months. Months to years. And finally, after five years of separating, his old band mates re-united. And the world was ecstatic. Their first album after the break went straight to number one in countless countries, making them, once again the biggest boyband in the world. They said good ol’ mates knew what was wrong with you in a blink of an eye, and it was true. Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn—all of them had tied the knots with their loved ones—realized that Liam was ruined beyond repair. The first time they got in the studio, Liam didn’t speak too much, and only sang not more that six verses in seventeen songs. 

On tour, he was desperate. He was the only one with nobody to share his bunk with. Harry got his cute son and wife to share with. Louis got pregnant Eleanor. Niall shared his bunk with his daughter. And Zayn occasionally shared it with Perrie. 

That night after the gig in [Y/N]’s hometown a few months after the tour kicked off, the whole band and crews rented out a fancy restaurant and had dinner. Liam spent most of his times chewing his food while staring outside the window. His dull hazel eyes bored into a woman with her twin children across the road. Under the poor street lights, he couldn’t see the woman’s face, but he was determined to see her. When the first taxi ignored her thrusted hand, he finally saw the woman’s face. It was [Y/N], sweet lovely [Y/N]. 

Suddenly, all the energy that had sucked off of him returned. Liam quickly exited the restaurant without bothering the questioning looks from the familiar faces. He didn’t even care of the fact that a car almost hit him. He needed her.

"[Y/N]!" He shouted as the person was about to call another taxi. Her eyes went wide as she saw the person she missed so much came toward her. [Y/N] already prepared for his anger. She deserved that, anyway. She shouldn’t have gone out of his life just like that. But she was wrong, because when she was about to say sorry, his arms wrapped her small frame tightly, as of she would gone if he didn’t. 

The thin blouse she wore felt wet on her right shoulder after some seconds they hugged, and she realized he had cried the whole time. Because of that, she finally gave in and carefully rubbed his messy, short hair with one of her hands. This went for a while until Liam finally whispered, “I love you. I’ve loved you even before that after party. I’m sorry, I should’ve said it." 

Those statements taken her into its toll. She sobbed in the muscular chest she was damiliar with. And just like that, they hugged each other in the middle of the sidewalks with people throwing looks, and paparazzis snapping pictures without pausing. After a while, she said her apologize to him only to be cut off by his warm, small lips pressed against hers. In between the kiss, she heard him saying, “what’s passed is past."

The kiss didn’t last long, though, because he was distracted by two figures tugging at his shirt tail impatiently. He laughed, and bent down on their level. 

[Y/N] wiped some of the remaining tears, before laughing, too. “Liam, that little superman is Raleigh James Payne. He is my little hero. And this little princess is Leia Eve Payne. She is the sweetest," She paused. “Guys, say hi to daddy."

And the scene before her nearly broke her into tears. She was wrong, after all. Leaving Liam was wrong, and she knew that, she was just stubborn. So after the little reunion ended, the kids in Liam’s arms, she looked at him straight in the eyes and let the words fall, “I love you, too, Liam."

-anonymous