I'm Sorry (Zayn Malik)

I held my breath as I heard the front door close. My alarm clock read 4:00 AM in a blinding red.

He took a few steps and cursed, I assumed he saw the pillow and blanket I laid down for him on the couch. His footsteps became louder and I positioned myself to face away from the door, lying on my side.

He opened the door and didn’t move for a few moments. Then he walked in quietly. I heard him unzip his leather jacket and throw it on the floor. The scent of alcohol and cigarettes was pungent as he came near me.

“Babe?” he whispered. I didn’t answer.

“I’m sorry.” he tried again. I involuntarily took a sharp breath. The bed moved as he sat down on it, he knew I was awake.

“At least say something,” he offered. I didn’t move and didn’t answer. He pulled on my shoulder gently, trying to turn me over and make me lie flat on my back, but I resisted.

“Are you really gonna be that way?” he asked, annoyance seeping into his voice.

I turned over and sat up. “Are you really going to fucking try and turn this on me?” I asked heated.

“Babe-” he started but I cut him off. “Don’t ‘babe’ me Zayn. Didn’t you remember what today- yesterday was?”

“Of course I did! I just got carried away, the boys and I went for a couple drinks after recording, I didn’t think it would take that long…” he admitted.

I smiled bitterly. “Of course you didn’t think, Zayn. You never fucking think.”

His usually light brown eyes darkened “What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked angrily.

“I mean what I said Zayn. This isn’t the first time you forgot something, but it is the worst.” I replied

He stood up, “I DIDN’T FUCKING FORGET IT.” He yelled, “Maybe I just didn’t want to fucking be here.”

My jaw dropped and I blinked rapidly trying to suppress tears. Was this his way of saying we’re done? I didn’t say anything and waited to see what he’d do next.

He picked up his jacket off of the floor and put it on. Running his hand through his short black hair he looked at me one last time. “You know what? I’m fucking out of here.” I didn’t say anything as he walked out and slammed the front door.

I pulled my knees to my chest, trying to process what just happened. He didn’t want to be here with me? On our anniversary? Maybe it was just because he was drunk- but don’t you blurt out what you’re thinking when you’re drunk?

I don’t remember falling asleep, but when I opened my eyes the sun was blinding me through the curtains and the clock read 12:17 PM. I don’t know what I expected when I looked around for Zayn because he wasn’t there.

Deciding there was no point in waiting for something that wasn’t going to happen, I got out of bed to go on with my daily routine, my shift was from 2-9 tonight. He wasn’t usually here when I got ready, but when he was he made it memorable.

I walked into the bathroom, splashed some water on my face, and rubbed some soap into it. I washed it off and opened my eyes, silently wishing he was behind me making weird faces in the mirror. He wasn’t of course. As I walked into the bedroom and began stripping to change into my uniform, I thought about how he would follow me back, plop on the bed, and watch me with his hands behind his head, making suggestive comments. I would pretend to act annoyed, but in actuality I loved that he appreciated my body. 

Once I was ready, I grabbed my bag and headed out the door, thinking about how he would kiss me hard to give me something to think about during work, and how the faint taste of nicotine and the feeling of his lips would actually leave me slightly dizzy. I sighed knowing the chance of that happening again was unlikely. 

Before I shut the door I looked around the living room, seeing all of his things that scattered around the furniture and floor, knowing they’ll probably all be gone by the end of the day.

He’d surely avoid me and just take his things and go right? He always hated things that caused him stress and I’m sure seeing me after what he just happened would cause him stress.

I tried not to think about the empty house I’d come home to while I was at work, but the end of my shift came too soon and I was anxious to see what I’d come home to.

The lights were on and I struggled to remember if I turned them off when I left. I dismissed it and noticed Zayn’s things were still all over the living room. It was silent in my house so I assumed he just didn’t come today, maybe he’ll get his things tomorrow or sometime this week. 

I threw off my jacket and my bag on the ground and walk into the bedroom. I nearly jumped when I saw him standing there.

He was wearing the same clothes from yesterday and he looked exhausted.

“Hi.” I said tentatively. 

He looked up at me. “Hi.”

It was quiet for a while.

“I’m sorry,” He began, breaking the silence. I didn’t say anything so he continued on. “I fucking forgot okay? I fucking forgot our anniversary and I’m a terrible boyfriend and I’m sorry.”

“Did you really mean it when you said you didn’t want to be here?” I asked quietly, not meeting his eyes.

“Of course not- listen, I was drunk and you were saying how I always forget things and I don’t know- I didn’t want to give you another reason to prove that right?” He explained as he looked down in shame.

I felt relieved. I felt so relieved. He didn’t not want to be with me, that idiot let his pride speak! 

He raised his head slowly and looked at me to see my reaction. I didn’t say anything I just ran toward him and tackled him to the ground.

I straddled him and was face to face with his shocked one. I stared at him for a moment, his pupils wide with surprise and interest, before I began to kiss him. 

“You idiot!” I said between kisses, his stubble tickling my lips.

“W-what?” he asked confused, “Does that mean you forgive me or-“

“Yes!! Now are we just gonna lay here or you gonna give me the anniversary I deserve?!” I asked sitting up.

He smirked and I knew a smart ass comment was coming “We can do both…” he said thrusting his hips slightly so his crotch hit mine.

I gasped, “Zayn!” He smiled then grabbed my chin and pulled my face closer to his.

“I love you babe, happy belated anniversary.” and before I could answer he pulled me in for a kiss that I just had to smile through.

CREDITS: http://1dsexualfrustrations.tumblr.com