26: Studying

"PARKER!" I yelled after Peter as I ran to catch up after waving goodbye to Steve. I was more happy after me and Johnny decided to take a break. It was like a weight taken off my shoulders. I guess I'll give him some time to think. I was still going to prom with Peter. He's a nice guy.
"Hey Jade" Peter said wrapping his arm around me basically telling the other guys that I was taken.
"A little protective, are we?" I asked with a smirk.
"Protective of my prom date" he said as we entered the school building. I turned around to look outside and I saw Johnny across the street. I shivered slightly since he was spying on me. I hated that. He looked hurt and miserable. I felt kind of bad. I got my stuff from my locker and walked to science class. I sat next to Flash with a smile.
"What's up Smiley?" Flash asked sarcastically.
"Smiley?" I asked.
"You look like the Cheshire Cat" he said with a chuckle.
"I'm just happy" I said.
"Alright, tell me why you're so happy" he said putting his feet in my lap.
"Me and Peter are studying for the test later today" I said pushing his feet off my lap and onto the floor.
"Anything else?" He asked.
"Not that I can think of" I lied as I started working on a science paper.
"J?" Flash asked scooting closer to me with a smile.
"Okay! Peter asked me to go to prom with him!" I said smiling.
"Wow! Is it okay if I ask that Thea girl to prom?" He asked.
"Not my decision" I said with a shrug before the bell rang. I got out of my seat and walked to the library. I sat next to Peter and wrote a little note on a piece of paper before sliding it to him under his book. He looked up to see me and a smile spread across his face.
After school was over, me and Peter walked to his house together. He had his hand in mine. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I leaned closer to him. I felt someone watching us so I turned to see Johnny pretending that he wasn't following us. When me and Peter got to his house he opened the door and we walked in.
"I'm home!" Peter called as a women maybe in her 50s or 60s walked out of the kitchen.
"Peter! Who's this little friend of yours?" The women asked.
"Uh Aunt May this is Jade. Jade this is my Aunt May" Peter said scratching the back of his neck.
"Hi" I said shaking her hand gently. She smiled kindly to me before pulling me into a big hug. I hugged her back and felt kind of happy. Me and Peter walked up stairs and to his room to study. His aunt brought snacks up for us and I gladly thanked her with a smile.
"So... You live with your aunt?" I asked as I took my book from my bag.
"Uh yeah. My parents left me with them before they died. My Uncle Ben was actually killed right in front of me" he said with tears in his eyes.
"Oh Peter! I shouldn't have asked" I said cupping his face in my hands.
"It's fine, Jade. It was a few years ago" he said.
"I'm sorry" I said hugging him. His hugs weren't as good as Johnny's.
After we finished studying, I teleported out of his room to leave him to come up with an explanation for me sneaking past his Aunt. I arrived back at the tower and I ran inside to the elevator.
"My floor JARVIS" I said as I took out my phone.

Can we talk?~ Mr Liberty

I raised my eyebrow at the message before walking out of the elevator and down the hallway to Steve's room. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The door opened and Steve stood there. Shirtless. My face turned bright red as I stood there with a loss for words. He grabbed a shirt and pulled in over his head and covered his chest and torso. He pulled me into his room and shut the door behind me.
"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as I looked around the neat room before turning to face Cap. Soon his lips were pressed against mine. I was taken back by the action not knowing what to do. I stood there not knowing if I should continue. He broke the kiss and stared into my eyes.
"Uhhhhhhhhhh" I said with a loss of words.
"I like you Jade. I really do. You're different than other girls" he said as he gave me a quick peck on the cheek before leaving the room, "I gotta go talk to Stark." I watched as he closed the door leaving me shocked at what just happened.
"I'm in a bit of a pickle" I mumbled before running out of the room and down the hallway to my room. When I opened the door, Johnny was standing right there, "I can't get away from you people."
"We need to talk" he said.
"A-about what?" I stuttered throwing my bag across the room. He speed walked toward me and crashed his soft lips onto mine gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I kind of missed that. When we broke apart I stared into his eyes.
"Maybe if you would've let me explain last time... Maybe we wouldn't have been on this break" I said.
"Explain" he said wrapping his arms around me. I felt safe and happy.
"Spidey asked me to prom. Yes I go to school with Spidey. And since you don't go to school with me... I said yes. But he thought it was the other way around. He kissed me, Johnny. Don't take action before you know what happened" I said, "now... I would like some time alone."
"Of course honey" he said said giving me a kiss on the forehead before walking out of the room. I stood there in silence thinking about what had just happened.
"I'm in big trouble" I mumbled before collapsing on my bed. This'll be tricky.

Ahhhh! Finally a Captain Raven moment! I promise there are more to come. And maybe Johnny and Jade are back together? Predict in the comments what you think will happen in the next chapter!~ Kenlee Faith❤️