13: Telling The Truth

I stood there near the table as everyone started talking all at once. It was driving me crazy. Can these guys just be quiet?! I covered my ears trying to block out everyone's voices. All I could think about was Alison. I hoped she was okay. Whoever took her will pay big time!
"EVERYONE SHUT UP" I yelled making everyone grow quiet and look at me, "I know you are looking for answers. But we can't argue like this if we're a team!"
"Jade is right" Steve said.
"That's a first" I said crossing my arms over my chest.
"We all are looking for answers and we don't have them yet-" Steve started but was interrupted by my Uncle entering the room, "where have you been, Thor?"
"Loki has escaped Asgard and he is somewhere on Midgard" Thor said walking over to me.
"Why are you two always together?" Tony asked pointing to me and Thor.
"Do you have to know everything, Stark?" I asked.
"Well you said we want to know answers" Sue said.
"I didn't ask you, Sue" I hissed rudely.
"For your information Stark this is none of your business" I said.
"Yes, family business" Thor said making me face palm.
"Family business?" Clint asked.
"Oh god" I mumbled rubbing my hand down my face.
"Me and Jade are related" Thor said.
"Secrets are made to be kept" I sang.
"How?" Reed asked.
"She is-"
"Don't say anything" I said in a warning tone.
"She is related to me because she is-"
"La la la la!" I said covering my ears.
"You're being foolish, Jade" Steve said removing my hands from my ears.
"She is Loki's daughter" Thor said making me groan at the name.
"This is a joke right?" Clint asked.
"I wish" I said hitting my head on the wall hoping this actually was a cruel joke that Tony told Thor to say.
"How long did you know?" Natasha asked.
"3 days" I squeaked.
"And neither of you would've liked to share?" Steve asked.
"Would you keep your family a secret, Rogers?" I asked.
"This isn't about me" Steve said, "it's about those guys that attacked us."
"I believe Loki is behind this. He was clearly after Jade. Probably wanting his daughter back after so many years" Thor said as I sat down and hit my head on the table hoping his words were lies.
"We have to make sure Jade is under protection" Steve said.
"He's my dad, why would he kill me?" I mumbled.
"It's for your safety-" Steve started but I interrupted him by standing up and walking up to him only inches away from his face.
"When did you care about my safety, Rogers?" I hissed rudely before walking towards the elevator. I pushed the button for my floor and the doors closed. My breathing was heavy. I took the emerald necklace from my pocket and looked at its gem. It started to glow a little bit. Was it a tracking device? I put on the necklace and thought hard about my mother. When I opened my eyes there was a scene playing in front of me.
Loki stood there at the edge of the babies crib with a small smile. He hummed softly as he played with his daughter's dark raven curls. She giggled happily and reached up toward him. Her blue eyes were like precious gems and her smile could light up a room. Loki couldn't help but smile as he picked her up into his arms. Alice was speaking with Frigga or Sif downstairs. Loki thought for a moment before laying her back down in the crib. I watched carefully as he started to speak.
"I know you can't understand me yet, but one day I will find you. And I promise everything will be okay once I do. Don't be afraid. Because..." He said as he turned around staring directly at me. I thought this was just a memory, "You wouldn't want anyone getting hurt."
"This is suppose to be a memory" I said.
"The first part was. This is a message" Loki said walking closer to me, "don't fight me, Jade."
"I will fight. I will fight as long as there is a breath still in me" I said.
"Then there will be grave consequences" He said.
"As long as I'm away from you" I said.
The memory/Message ended and my breathing was heavy. The doors were open and I quickly realized I was back in reality. I pushed the button the go back up. Once I got back up to the conference floor, the doors opened and I rushed to the room.
"Loki is planning an attack" I said breathing heavily from running through the halls.
"Make sure the building is heavily guarded. Jade you'll be under protection. All of us need to open our ears and eyes. If anything happens you report it" Steve ordered.
"I will not let my niece be hurt" Thor said.
"Loki said that I shouldn't be afraid. Should I be afraid?!" I asked.
"What do you mean "said" ?" Tony asked.
"Thor gave me this necklace so I would be able to see old memories of me when I was little but this time it was a message from him and he told me this" I said, "now I'm gonna ask again... Should I be afraid?"
"I don't know" Thor said. I ran over to Natasha and Clint and hugged Nat tightly. She wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back soothingly.
"We won't let him get to you" Natasha said. For all I knew he could be here already and we just haven't realized.

You guys want to know a fun fact while I was writing this? I was thinking about doing a few facts about the story since I read this one story that shared facts about it when they were writing in before it was published so yay!

1: In the first draft of The Enemy, Loki wasn't going to be Jade's real father. I was actually thinking about Doctor Doom or Brock Rumlow to be her real dad. But I changed it to Loki since they had the same powers. And actually I was going to have Jade's backstory be a little more gruesome. The story was going to be that her father died in a house fire that was caused by Hydra. Jade lived in an old theater for years with her dog, Cooper. She was trained to fight by Phil Coulson. But when she was 7, he left to go work for SHIELD.

2: Jade was originally meant to be 13 but I changed it to 15 almost 16. And was instead of Raven she was, The Ghost. And she also lived with her best friend, Jordan, who was an assassin as well. But instead of Alison, they met Harley who they helped.

3: I got rid of the first idea because I thought I came up with something much better. Adam was added into the story but he was a good guy. Adam was friends with Johnny Storm. It was hard for Jade to keep her secret safe from a superhero. But in the one part Jade and Johnny fight against each other and her mask falls off revealing her true identity.

4: I got rid of the second idea and decided to use something else. Jade would've been raised in Hydra and would've been one of Strucker's prized experiments. But all the experiments strengthened the powers that Jade already had. I was going to have her meet Captain America. Also, Jade wasn't able to control her powers and she ended up freezing the whole cell she was in. I was also going to have Jade be related to Peggy Carter.

5: I changed the idea from the third idea and started thinking about a different backstory that would affect Jade's ice powers. She was Russian and she was a dancer. She was bullied. During a dance called Swan Lake in a theater, one girl had pushed Jade to far. Jade couldn't control her powers and she froze everyone but herself in the theater. Including her father. So I guess it's better if I just write what the draft said.
"Again" she said in a strict voice as the rest of us did as we were told, "sloppy." Being a dancer was difficult. My dad sat there near the front as I peaked out from behind the curtains. My raven hair pulled up into a bun and my blue costume was fluffy.
"You suck at dancing" said Diana in a cruel voice. Being older than I am she decided to be rude.
"Practice makes perfect" I said walking away from her and her group. Tonight was the big day. Almost everyone from the building was here. Papa invited them. We were instructed to get in position. The curtains opened the song played softly as we danced to Swan Lake. Diana being her self bumped into me on purpose causing me to fall. She always made fun of me because of my accent. I got back up and brushed myself off. She gave me this look clearly saying that she was the star of the show. I didn't really care. Mrs Crystal motioned for me to continue but Diana's face said other wise. Diana and all the others kid's cruel words danced in my around head like a tornado.
"You suck at dancing"
"You'll never be amazing"
"You're a worthless piece of trash"
I collapsed onto my knees on the floor and began to cry. Everything grew silent and cold. I looked up from the floor to see everyone frozen like ice statutes. Diana's cruel face imprinted there forever. I looked to the crowd seeing everyone frozen solid, even papa.
"Papa!" I yelled running over to him. A face of fear imprinted on his frozen features. I slid my small fingers across the cold surface, "papa?!" He was frozen solid. I did this. It was the only explanation. I fell to my knees once more and hid my face in my fathers frozen lap. I killed them all. I'm 7 years old and I killed 40 people in 5 minutes.
"Papa?" I asked but nothing came back as a response. A tear slid down my cheek. My only family I had left was gone. It was so cold that I could see my breath in the frozen theatre. I dried my tears and stood up. I stared at the frozen crowd wishing all of this to be some cruel joke. I ran towards the exit and bust through the frozen doors. I ran out onto the street and across the road looking for help but no one would believe me that I froze 40 people. Snow slowly fell from the sky. I was unable to control my emotions. I ran the other way and to my apartment I lived at. I ran upstairs and grabbed the key Papa had hidden under the rug. I opened the door and entered the apartment. I went to the window and watched as cars showed up and the theater. Big black cars. I watched as a man with dark colored skin and an eye patch step out of one of the cars. I closed the curtains worried that they would see me. I was the killer after all.

I hope you guys liked these fun facts about the story!~Kenlee Faith❤️❤️