23: Scars

Third Person P.O.V
"Do I look amused at your games brother?!" Thor yelled at the laughing Loki who stood at the glass looking down at the floor with a smile across his pale features. Loki looked up at his so called brother and smiled evilly, "what did you do to Jade?"
"Nothing that is of your concern" Loki said as he put his hands behind his back and stared down at his brother.
"It's my concern!" Johnny yelled at the screen in the other room with the screens showing Thor and Loki's conversation. Jade had locked herself in the training room and has been training since the night Steve had hit her with his shield.
"Jade is my daughter. She doesn't deserve your concern" Loki hissed at Thor and the camera. Johnny shifted in his chair staring at the screen. Johnny left to go check on Jade. When he got to the training room he looked through the window to see the whole training room frozen. Jade was curled up on the floor with her knees in her chest. She looked so small and damaged. Johnny quickly opened the door and ran across the slippery floor. He sat down next to Jade and warmed up his body and pulled her close to him. She was so cold. But she was powerless yet she had no control over the ice. Her emotions got the best of her. The ice slowly started to melt off the walls and floor as Jade began to calm down. Johnny rubbed her arm gently. Jade looked up at Johnny before moving. Johnny let her go for a little and she took off the shirt she was wearing. Johnny stared at the scars and bruises on her back. Hydra did this to Jade.
"Hydra did this to me" Jade said staring at the floor, "the months and days I sat there and let them hit me. I fought back but what do you expect a 3 year old to do."
"Jade" Johnny said.
"5 months of torture. 5 awful months of waiting to leave that dreaded place. 5 painful months that I sat in the cell and cried myself to sleep!" She cried. Johnny collected her in his arms and held her close. She sobbed into his chest as he rubbed her back.
"It's all my fault. Alison is dead because of me. I shouldn't have pulled her into this mess. If I wasn't so selfish she'd probably be with her family and friends. She would be happy instead of dead" Jade said tangling her fingers into Johnny's blue t-shirt.
"None of this was your fault" Johnny assured trying to get her to calm down. Jade looked up into Johnny's pale cobalt blue eyes.
"I thought I was doing good. When I became an assassin I thought I was getting rid of all the bad guys. But I guess I turned into one instead" she said tucking a piece of her black hair behind her ear. She stood up and looked at Johnny.
"Steve wants to talk to you" he said standing up. Jade nodded to Johnny before picking up her shirt and slipping it back over herself. She exited the room leaving Johnny to his thoughts. Jade walked down the hallway in her bare feet and entered the elevator. Steve would most likely be on their floor. The doors closed and Jade stared up at the camera that was watching her. On the other side of the camera staring at the screen was Tony and Bruce. Tony was changing the system as usual and testing out new things as Bruce looked through the cameras. The doors to the elevator opened and Jade exited the elevator. Steve was sitting on the couch reading the Newspaper. Jade scoffed and walked over.
"You still read the Newspaper?" Jade asked with a smirk as she opened the fridge door and grabbed a water bottle.
"Yes. Jade how would you like to go to school like a normal person?" Steve asked putting down the Newspaper.
"No. I hate that idea" she said glaring at Steve when the idea fell from his lips.
"Jade..." Steve said in a warning tone.
"I can be homeschooled! Bruce can teach me!" She said trying to get Steve to say no to school.
"It'll be good for you to make friends" he said.
"No! I have friends. I'm not going to school! You can't make me!" Jade practically yelled. Steve raised his eyebrow at her and she regretted those words. She basically just challenged Captain America.

Jade's P.O.V
I stood next to Johnny with my arms crossed over chest. Thea and Arianna stood next to me ready to go to school. Emma walked over to me and fixed my shirt. Thea wasn't really excited for school either. Arianna was just a ball of energy. I glared at Steve who seemed impressed with himself. He basically pushed me into my room and threw clothes at me and told me to get dressed. So now I was standing outside of Avengers Tower waiting for Tony to bring Steve's motorcycle. Sue and Reed were gonna take Arianna to school. Bruce was gonna take Thea. Steve was gonna take me to school. I refused to ride the bus. Tony rode out in front of us on Steve's motorcycle. I have to admit, I'm impressed. Steve climbed onto the motorcycle and patted the seat behind him. I glared at him as I climbed onto the bike and wrapped my arms around his waist and squeezed tightly. Arianna climbed into Reed's car. Thea climbed into Bruce's car as well. The motorcycle's engine roared as me and Steve took off down the street. So here's why we had no decision in this. Natasha paid for it. If we didn't go... She would hunt us down and kill us. She made it clear that we would go to school and enjoy it. Me and Thea did not want to go. Arianna said how she missed school. All that emotion would fade once we got there. Steve pulled up outside of the school. Midtown. I growled at Steve before climbing off the motorcycle.
"Don't I get a goodbye hug?" Steve asked.
"You're starting to act like Johnny" I said punching his shoulder.
"Have fun, Jade" Steve said, "I'll pick you up after school." And with that he drive away leaving me at the dreaded place. Thea stood beside me with a look of disgust. However, Arianna ran towards the doors excitedly. Me and Thea rolled our eyes before walking towards the building. Arianna was already inside and at her locker. I opened my locker and screamed when I saw a rat eating something inside my locker. I slammed my locker shut.
"There is a rat in my locker!" I squeaked.
"Who knew Raven would be scared of Rats" Thea said closing her locker.
"I-I'm not s-scared" I stuttered as my cheeks turned red. I opened the locker again and grabbed the rat making it squeak. I threw it across the hallway and it crawled away. I shivered slightly in disgust. I got my things and we all walked to our first period class. I walked into the Science room and the teacher stopped me.
"You must be Jade Raven!" the teacher said. Why did they use my real name?
"Uhhh... Yeah that's me" I said smiling a fake smile.
"Go ahead and sit next to Eugene" the teacher said pointing to a boy who was sitting with his feet on the desk. I slowly walked over and sat beside the boy. The teacher started to ramble about science and other crap. I really wish I was practicing in the training room.
"Why did Captain America drop you off at the school?" Eugene asked making me look over at him.
"He's friends with my mom" I said thinking of lovely lies.
"That's cool! So your mom works with the Avengers?!" He asked.
"I guess you could say that" I said.
"Do you know Tony Stark?" He asked.
"Yeah" I mumbled.
"That's cool. Do you have cool powers?" He asked.
"No" I said. Not right now. If I did I would've frozen him earlier.
"I'm Eugene but you can call me Flash" he said with a smile. Oh my gosh.
"Jade" I said shaking his hand.
"I'll call you J" he said.
"Okay" I said as the teacher instructed us to get out our books. Fun. After several minutes of science the bell rang and I almost bolted out of the class. I walked down the hallway quickly but guess who was right beside me. Flash. I decided since we had a free period I could go to the library. I walked in with Flash beside me. Flash pulled me with him in a different direction over to a table. There's was another boy sitting at that table reading something.
"Hey Pete" Flash said sitting in front of this boy. Flash gestured his hand toward me and smiled, "this is the new student, Jade Raven."
"Uh... Hi" Pete said. His voice sounded familiar.
"This is Peter" Flash said smiling.
"Nice to meet you" I said. I wonder how Thea and Arianna are doing. Peter smiled kindly at me before going back to reading. I sat beside Peter and opened a book.
"Oh no. Book worms" Flash said.
"Flash, you're in a library that's what people do in a library" Peter said.
"I'm gonna go. You two can read" Flash said getting up and walking away.
"Sooo... Peter, what do you like to do for fun?" I asked awkwardly.
"I skateboard" he said.
"That's cool" I said.
"What do you do for fun?" He asked as I pulled up the sleeves of my sweater.
"Reading. Watching movies. I don't know how to skate" I said.
"Maybe... I could teach you how" he suggested. This peaked my interest.
"Sounds fun" I said smiling.
"Do you... want to sit with me at lunch?" He asked scratching the back of his neck nervously.
"Sure. Is it okay if my friends, Arianna and Thea join us?" I asked.
"Yeah that's fine. I'm looking forward to meeting them" he said.
"Oh you'll have a blast" I said standing up, "I'll see you later, Peter." As I walked away it hit me. I know why his voice was so familiar.
Flashback
"Hello Bug boy" I said staring at SpiderMan. He stood in front of me ready to fight. Once again I have stolen something.
"Not in the mood, Raven" he hissed.
"Come on, Spidey, let me go this once. I won't beg again" I said crossing my arms over my chest.
"$100 and then you're free. But if I catch you here again, you're going to SHIELD" he said before spraying his web out onto the roof and pulled himself up.
Flashback Over
I rushed into the library and grabbed Peter by his collar. I pulled him over toward the empty part of the library. I slammed him against a book shelf and stared into his eyes.
"Say my last name like your angry" I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"Just do it!" I whisper yelled.
"Raven" he growled and I let go of his collar. I stared at him for awhile.
"Did you know that I've met SpiderMan before" I said smiling.
"No you haven't" He said then covered his mouth realizing what he said.
"I knew it! Your SpiderMan" I whispered.
"Keep your voice down" he said.
"Who else knows?" I asked.
"Just y-you" he said before he also realized something. He grabbed a book and covered my nose and mouth, "you're the Raven?"
"Finally someone realizes" I whispered.
"I won't tell anyone of you don't tell about me being you know who" he said.
"Deal" I said smiling.
"Friends?" He asked.
"Friends" I said shaking his hand. I guess I made a new friend.