12: Fighting

"JADE!" Steve yelled as I told Doom to go. I ran out of the bedroom and towards Steve.
"WHAT HAPPENED?" I asked.
"There was an explosion 10 floors above" he said.
"Can I?" I asked pointing to the room where they had mine and Steve's weapons and uniforms.
"I can't believe I'm saying this. But yes" he said and the two of us ran inside the room. I smiled at my black catsuit as I looked in the mirror. I put on my mask and slid my katanas into place.

Coming in unannounced, drag my nails on the tile
I just followed your scent, you can just follow my smile
All of your flaws are aligned with this mood of mine
Cutting me to the bone, nothing left to leave behind

I looked over at Steve. He was in his full Captain America costume with his shield in hand. I nodded to him. "Are we good?" I asked smiling under my mask, "we're gonna need to be good if I'm gonna be a hero instead of the enemy."

You ought to keep me concealed just like I was a weapon
I didn't come for a fight but I will fight till the end
And this one might be a battle, might not turn out okay
You know you look so Seattle, but you feel so LA

"Be careful, Jade" he said smiling.
"Same to you, Cap" I said, "so this means we're good?"
"Of course" he said, "it may take a while but I'll have to get use to you, if you're gonna be a hero."

And I love the way you hurt me
It's irresistible, yeah
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby

We ran out from the room to see several agents. Not SHIELD. Hydra. I sent ice shooting into one man's chest. Steve went a separate and I went the other. I ran at one of the agents and took out one of my katana blades. I sliced at his clothing ripping into it and his skin causing him to bleed. I placed my blade back in its spot before using my telekinesis to send him flying.

I'm gonna get you to burst just like you were a bubble
Frame me up on your wall just to keep me out of trouble
Like a moth getting trapped in the light by fixation
Truly free, love it baby, I'm talking no inflation
Too many war wounds and not enough wars
Too few rounds in the ring and not enough settled scores
Too many sharks, not enough blood in the waves
You know I give my love a f-f-four letter na-na-name

One grabbed me from behind and I flipped them off of me and froze them completely. I ran at two agents and used my telekinesis to send the two of them flying through the large window and down to the pavement below. I felt a blow of air wiz past me as a certain hot head landed beside me. "Thought you could use some help" Johnny said smiling.

And I love the way you hurt me
It's irresistible, yeah
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby

Me and Johnny looked at each other as a agent ran towards us. "Johnny! Remember when I said Ice and Fire doesn't mix!" I yelled.
"Yeah!" He said.
"Let's test that theory and see if it works!" I said as he put up his hand and I put up mine. The ice and fire slowly mixed together then we aimed it at the agent and his little friends then I mixed my telekinesis in with it sending the group out the window.

You're second hand smoke, second hand smoke
I breathe you in, but, honey, I don't know what you're doing to me
Mon chéri, but the truth catches up with us eventually
Try to say live, live and let live
But I'm no good, good at lip service
Except when they're yours, mi amor
I'm coming for you and I'm making war

I took out both of my katanas and twirled them in my hands before running towards an enemy. First I jumped and kicked him in the face. I teleported on the other side of him stabbing him in the shoulder. He slid his foot under my legs making me collapse on the ground and I dropped my katanas. I felt someone running to me from behind. It wasn't Johnny or Steve.

And I still love the way you hurt me
It's irresistible, yeah
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby

I spun on my heels just as the man jumped to punch me. I punched him in the stomach making him go back and fall onto the floor. I did exactly what Steve did in the training room. I grabbed the other man's arm and twisted it behind his back, breaking it. He let out a scream in pain. I walked over to the one I punched in the stomach as ice spread across the floor towards the man. My cold stare could give him nightmares. Large ice shards shot up from the ground, killing him instantly. My breathing was heavy as I looked around at the small amount of agents who were knocked out or dead. Steve stood near the elevator breathing heavy as well. Johnny was in the hallway.
"Who would've caused this?" Steve asked.
"Hydra" I hissed picking up my katanas and put them in their spot in the X shape on my back.
"Or Doom" Johnny pointed out.
"Alison was taken" I said walking over to the elevators.
"What?!" Steve asked.
"Alison was taken!" I yelled taking off my mask and chucked in across the room, "and it's all my fault!"
"We'll find Alison, everything will be fine" Steve said.
"You don't know that, Cap!" I yelled as I pushed the button to go up the elevator rapidly.
"Jade, everything will be okay" Steve said taking my hands away from the button. I breathed in and out to keep myself calm. I didn't want to make a scene like a few years ago. That didn't end well. Ice started to form at my feet and it started snowing. It snows when I'm upset.
"That's cute. It snows when you're upset" Johnny said making my cheeks turn scarlet red.
"Can you stop being upset so the room isn't filled with snow?" Steve asked as I slowly made it stop. If I was really upset and mad mixed together it'd be a blizzard. The elevator doors finally opened and the three of us walked inside. I stood in the middle of them. The doors closed and the elevator started going up. Whoever was behind this, will pay with their life. Once the doors opened, I wasn't surprised to see who was making his way to the elevator. He stopped in his tracks with fear.
"ADAM!" I yelled running at him at full speed. I jumped and landed on his shoulders. I tightened my thighs around his neck trying to choke him. He threw me off of him with a smile.
"JADE!" Steve yelled as I turned and he threw me his shield. I caught the shield and hit Adam in the face with the shield making his jaw crack. I dropped the shield before walking over to Adam with a really not so happy look. He tried to get up but I stepped on the back of his leg.
"You're a jerk" I said grabbing his arm and bent it behind his back making it crack loudly, "I would kill you. But they need you for questioning." I dropped his arm on the floor making it crack again. Steve grabbed his arm and jerked him up violently. I felt a hand on the small of my back and I turned to see Johnny.
"You are so weird" I said running my hand through my dark hair.
"I know" he said smiling.
"We're not dating" I said walking away.
"Your mouth says one thing but your eyes say another" he said following after me.
"Go away" I said as we walked towards the conference room.