3 - Part 9

Trisha went directly to her room as the boys crowded around her cramped living room. She laid on her pillow and pulled another one to snuggle in front of her. Her tears just wouldn't stop from falling. 

She was scared, happy, angry, and other emotions at the same time. Apart from giving her address, she didn't say another word. She could sense the presence of the boys in the other side of the wall but couldn't hear what they were saying. All she could think of was the event earlier. 

Mark standing on stage telling her he loves her - in public. Fans openly showing their disagreement at her. Press waiting for her with their cameras ready. 

"Can I ever get through this?", she asked herself. "Will it ever stop?" 

She knew now that Mark was serious, but then what? "Could he really handle it?" 

"Trisha?" Mark entered her room hesitantly. "Can I come in?" 

She nodded without looking at him. 

"Are you ok?" He sat himself at the bed beside her, running his hand down her hair and to her shoulder. 

She shook her head. Mark sat on the floor to face her. He wiped the unstoppable tears under her eyes with his thumbs. 

"Stop crying, baby. Everything's ok." He tried to assure her, but his words were of no use. She was still in shock. Her eyes were glassy and staring in space. "Get some rest. Do you need anything? Water?" He stood up.

She shook her head again. 

Mark left the room and closed the door behind him.

"How is she?" JB looked up from his phone.

"I think she's still in shock." Mark slumped at the couch. 

"The plan was perfect until the cameraman caught a sight of her and put her on screen." Junior was going through his phone, too. Probably, looking for articles about what happened just an hour ago. 

"That doesn't matter anymore," JB said. "How can we take the press off her back?"

"We can't," Jackson stood and walked to the small kitchen. He opened the refrigerator to find something to drink. "Damn, I'm hungry. She doesn't have anything in here except bottles of beer."

"Mark," JB looked at Mark who was motionless in his spot, "what do we do?"

"I just talked to the boss," their manager came in the apartment with food in hand, much to Jackson's delight. Everyone else looked up at him, waiting for what the boss might have said. "He wants to help." The boys breathed a sigh of relief. Aside from the press and the fans, they were apprehensive of what JYP would say.

"Great," JB stood up and opened the food box, "so, what's plan B?"

"I'll take her out to the open," Mark sounded really determined. He had his hands together in front of him and leaned, resting his elbows on his thighs. "The interview's tomorrow, right? Let's use that."

"What? How? She'd be pummeled with questions," Junior was worried about how Trisha would handle the media. 

"Have you even asked her? Did she agree to this? What if she doesn't want to?", their manager asked. He had a point. Mark had to talk to Trisha first about it. He wasn't even sure yet if Trisha wanted him back. 

"I'll talk to her when she recovers from her shock." He went to the table where the food was and got a box. He poured water on a glass and took them to Trisha's room. 

Trisha was still awake. She wiped off her tears as soon as she heard somebody come in the door. 

"It's me," Mark whispered. "You should eat." He pulled up the small table beside her bed and placed the food on it. 

"Thanks." Good, she's talking. 

"Are you feeling better? Here drink this," he helped her up and put the glass on her lips, which she immediately drank. He opened the box of food for her and spooned a slice of meat and some rice. He lifted it to her lips but she pushed it away. 

"I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat something," Mark insisted, putting the spoon back to her lips. 

"I said, NO, Mark," she yelled. 

"I'm sorry." He put the spoon back down on the box and sat beside her, putting his arm around her waist. "I'm sorry, baby." He planted a kiss on her forehead. 

"Mark, why are you doing this?" Her voice was too soft, but Mark heard her. 

He moved the table away from in front of her and knelt there, looking up at her confused face. "Trisha, baby. I know I've done a lot of wrong. But, believe me, I've only wanted the best for you. I thought what I did was the right thing, but I guess it wasn't." He cupped her face with both hands and leaned his forehead on hers. "I don't want to lose you, baby. You're my everything." 

"Why?" She tried to stop the tears that were threatening to fall again.

"Trisha Lee, I LOVE YOU," he said it word per word and he meant it. 

Trisha's insides were exploding. She heard him say it earlier during the concert but it didn't really sink in because of the commotion that happened after. But, now, hearing it so close, it made her feel many different emotions inside. 

She couldn't stop the eruption anymore and she cried again. Mark hugged her tight. "I'm willing to risk everything for us, baby. Please don't give up on me."

"Mark, I...." she was sobbing hard and couldn't continue her sentence. 

"You don't need to say anything for now." He hugged her tighter.

"What about your career?" She finally said.

He pulled back from her and held her shoulders. He lifted her chin to make her look at his eyes. "Do you think I haven't thought of it?"

"What about my past?"

"Do you think I care?"

"What happens then?"

"You just have to trust me, baby. Can you do that for me?"

Trisha looked into his eyes. This man was willing to risk everything for her and she's just sitting there crying. She realized the problem wasn't really on him, it was on her. She was trying to push back all the good things that were being given to her. This man, loving her, was the best thing that happened to her. And she knew now she didn't want to let him go. 

She nodded.