2 - Part 2

Trisha phoned Son-ee for a meet. She decided on telling him Mark's suggestion. Although, it took many calls to the boss - JYP - he agreed. They talked about how much she would be getting and how often she would be sending new songs. They ended their meeting both happy. 

She decided to look up for an apartment to rent on her own. Now that she would be earning more, she thought she should be living independently. Of course the girls were sad that she was leaving, but they were still happy for her. She talked to Mark about it on the phone and he encouraged her. 

They haven't seen each other for over a week. She would only watch him over the TV and video chat with him through Skype. She missed him. She knew how busy an idol life could be, she was busy herself, too. She had been receiving more and more invitations for gigs and she gladly accepted them. On top of that, she would need to study for school. On her free time, she would work on different songs in her room. 

Some of those free times, she spent it at a park in front of her dad's restaurant. She went there not to see the boys, but to check on her dad. Yes, she hates her dad, but she just wanted to see him from time to time. 

One night she was there, she was almost caught by JB. 

"I think I just saw Trisha by the park," he said to the other members. He ran towards where Trisha was standing, but Trisha was quick enough to hide behind a huge tree. 

She would see her dad laughing and joking with the other kids, and somehow, she felt hurt. She would cry over it at night but then forget about it in the morning. 

For the past several days, her life was a routine - wake up, go to school, work, sleep. So, she thought of getting some fresh air. The school had given them two days of vacation because it was the University's Charter day. 

She called Hyun-woo. The two had been really close since they went to the same school. They would have lunch together sometimes. Although Trisha wouldn't ask, he would tell her about how her dad was doing. 

"Hyunnie...Are you busy today?", she asked as soon as Hyun-woo picked up. 

"I need to be at the restaurant. You know. Your dad...Mr. Lee, is going to be away for a week and I needed to be there." 

"Oh. Ok."

"Drop by?"

"Maybe next time." She hang up. 

Every month her dad would be going somewhere for a week. She noticed that ever since she arrived. "Where could he be going?" Trisha smells something's going on. 

"Mark?" She phoned him.

"Hmmm? Baby?", her call woke him up.

"Oh. Shit. Sorry. Were you sleeping?" She checked the time and it was nine in the morning. 

"That's ok. What's wrong?"

"Uhmmm....Do you know where my dad goes every time he disappears for a week?"

"Huh?" He was fully awake now. Of course he knows. "Why do you ask?" It was the first time Trisha was asking him about her dad. "Did something happen?"

"No. Not that. I'm just....never mind. Go back to sleep. Sorry for disturbing you. Call you later." Then she hang up.

Why am I suddenly concerned? Why should I care? 

She tried to erase it from her mind. She went out and got on Blesk. "Might as well go check out the apartment in the ad." She had found an apartment just 30 minutes away from school. It had a cool view of the river and was accessible. The unit had two rooms, two bathrooms, a spacious living room and a small kitchen. She didn't really mind the kitchen because she rarely eats home anyway. She was able to talk to the landlord and agreed on a reasonable price. She said she would be moving in after a week. 

She was glad she was able to make the deal. She loved the place and it was not that far from Hongdae where she usually had her gigs. 

With nowhere to go and nothing else to do, she just drove her bike around. Unknowingly, she ended up at her dad's restaurant, just as his dad's car was leaving the driveway. 

Should I follow him?

She did. They drove on for 3 hours, Trisha lagging 2 cars behind so her dad wouldn't notice the bike following him. The car stopped in front of a big hospital. 

"Is he visiting a sick friend?" 

She followed him in, hiding behind other people. 

"Mr. Lee." The nurse at the reception greeted him. "Your room's ready. The doctor would be following in a minute. He's just finishing his rounds."

"Thank you, Mina." 

Room? Doctor? Maybe he's here for a regular check up. 

She waited until her dad got inside a private room at the end of the hall. Then she went to the reception. "Mina, right?", she asked the nurse who just talked to her dad. 

"Yes? May I help you?"

"Uhm...My dad sent me to check on his friend. Mr. Lee, Lee, Sung-ho."

"Oh yeah. The cancer patient. He just came in for his monthly chemo. His room is the last one on the right." 

Cancer? Chemo?

She was floored. She couldn't move nor speak. She was just standing there. 

"Miss? Miss? Are you ok?" Mina was tapping her shoulder. 

"Oh. Yeah. Thanks." 

She sauntered out the door and into the parking lot where she parked her bike. 

"Cancer? He has cancer?" She didn't know why, but tears flowed down from her eyes. She sat on the pavement by her bike and cried. Her phone rang but she didn't notice it. She just cried. She felt sorry, and angry and once again lonely. 

"Hey, Miss. Are you okay?" A man who just got out of his car noticed her and approached her. 

She wiped her eyes dry. "I'm fine." She put on her helmet and drove. She sped off the highway. Her tears started falling again. She just kept on speeding. 

BBBBAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!