3 - Part 2

"Kate," she heard the man behind the bar call out. "Hey, Kate." 

She realized he was calling her. She remembered she told them her name was Kate when she was still working here. She waved at him and sat at the stool at the bar. 

"Are you coming back?", the man said. The bar just opened and he was wiping some glasses and putting them on the rack.

"Uh...no. Just dropped by to get something to drink." She looked around and at the small stage where she used to sing. She missed this place, too.

"What are you having?"

"Whiskey...on the rocks." 

The guy got her her drink and placed it in front of her. "Hey, are you ok?" He leaned at the bar to see her closer.

"Yeah." She took a sip of the strong liquid. 

"You look like you've been crying."

"No...just haven't slept." She looked down, annoyed at how close the guy was looking at her.

She left the bar at around quarter past 10. She was tipsy and sleepy. She walked towards her apartment. She opened the door and listened for any sound. Nothing. She crept to the room. And there, laying on the bed, was Mark. He had his shirt off but still had his pants. His shoes were still on his feet. 

Nostalgia hit her. She tiptoed closer. She wanted so much to lay down beside him, pull his arms around her and kiss him. But she stopped herself. 

She turned around slowly. 

"Trisha!" She stopped on her tracks but didn't look back. "Don't. Don't go." That voice. That voice she so wanted to hear was telling her to stay. 

She turned her head and looked at the sleeping Mark. His eyes were still closed but he was shaking his head. 

She edged to the door and out her apartment. 

---

"Where'd you go?", Hyun-woo asked her as she entered the hospital room. 

"Out." She sprawled her tired body on the couch and closed her eyes. 

"Trisha Lee, have you been drinking?" He pinched his nose, blocking it from the smell of alcohol coming from her.

"Uh-huh."

"Ugh. He put his legs up on the coffee table and continued reading his book. 

"Hyunnie..."

"Uhm?"

"Have you been to my apartment lately?"

"No. Why?"

"Mark's living there."

"You've been there?" He put his book down and faced her.

"He was there."

"He saw you? Did you talk?"

"No. He was asleep."

"I overheard the boys talking one time at the restaurant. About Mark. They said he's been zoning out often. He would always disappear during their day offs and he doesn't sleep in the dorm anymore." 

She turned her back to him so as to hide the tears coming out of her eyes.

"Mark-hyung," Jackson was waving his hands in front of Mark's face. "Hey! Are you listening?"

"Huh? What?" He snapped out of his trance and turned his head to Jackson.

"We're going out tonight. Want to come?"

"No, thanks."

"What are you thinking again?" JB came up to his side.

"I saw her in my dream." 

"What's new. You always dream of her," Junior joked.

"No. It looked so real. She was standing by the bed in the apartment watching me sleep."

"You know what? You need to forget her. Start meeting other girls," JB said.

"Yeah. I have this friend. She's really pretty...and single. Want me to set up a date for you?" Jackson hit his shoulder gently with his fist.

Mark shook his head.

"Come on, hyung. It's not like she's ever coming back," Jackson said.

"Don't tell me you're still thinking she would." JB ran his hands through his hair.

"It's been more than two months, hyung," Junior said exasperated. 

"Oppa," Ji-hyun came in the practice room.

"Get out." All the boys yelled. 

Ever since they've confirmed she was the one who sent the pictures to the press, they haven't allowed her in their practice room. She apologized many times, but they couldn't forgive her. Especially Mark. 

JB stood up and slammed the door.

"Can't we just forgive her?" Bambam felt sorry for Ji-hyun.

"NO!" JB, Mark, Jackson and Junior all shouted at the same time. 

How could they? She was the reason for all of this. Because of her Trisha left. 

Mark's phone rang. It was Hyun-woo. He looked at it questioningly. Hyun-woo rarely called. The last time he did was when he informed them that Mr. Lee was brought to the hospital. 

"Hello?"

"Mark. Are all the boys there?" Hyun-woo was sobbing.

"What's wrong? Yeah they're here."

"It's Mr. Lee."

Mark jolted up. He knew what Hyun-woo's gonna say next. He looked at the boys who were eyeing him, puzzled. 

"He's passed away."

"When? How?" 

"Just this morning. We have arranged his funeral here at the hospital. Seoul hospital."

"We'll be there tonight."

"Thanks."

"What?" Jackson asked Mark as soon as he hang up.

"Mr. Lee's dead." Mark slumped on the chair. 

"What?!?" JB exclaimed. "Does Trisha know?"

The same question went to everybody's mind.