3 - Part 4

"I've thought about your offer. I decided to take it." Trisha and Miyu were in a cafe. Three days after the cremation, she phoned Miyu for a meet up. 

"That's great news. I'm looking forward to working with you," Miyu said excitedly. "So, when would you be joining me?"

"I have to fix some documents first. Maybe in a week?"

"Wow. That's perfect. I can't wait. We'll have a grand exhibit when you come, to showcase your work."

"I...I don't have that many yet. I left some of them in Florida. I only have a few here." She had left her paintings she had made in Korea in her father's house. She didn't want to take them with her when she went back to the States. Most of them were of Mark. 

"That's fine. Let's have what you got. You can paint more when you get to Japan. I'll be setting up a place for you to live in. It would be great."

"Thanks."

After their meeting she headed to her father's house. Hyun-woo was there, packing what was left of Mr. Lee's belongings.

"What are you doing?", Trisha asked as she went in the door. 

"Just putting your dad's things in a box. Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah. I've met with Ms. Miyu." She started helping him with the clothes. 

"So? How did it go?"

"Great. I'll be following her in a week."

"A week?" He stopped what he was doing and faced her. 

"Yeah. Take care of the restaurant, ok?" They had talked about it before and both decided to keep the restaurant. Hyun-woo would be staying in the house and would put the other room up for rent. 

"Trisha," he pulled her to the couch. "Are you sure about this?"

"This is a great opportunity for me."

"I know. But, Japan? It's a new country. You'll be alone there. You can just stay here with me and help me run the restaurant." 

"Painting is my first priority. It's all I've wanted ever since I was young. And this job is going to help me leave my dream."

"Alone?"

"I won't be alone. I would meet others in Japan. Don't worry about me."

"Don't forget to call."

"I won't. Thank you Hyunnie." She hugged him tight. Hyun-woo was like a real brother to her.

Although she wanted so much to stay, she couldn't bear the memories in this country. The coward that she was, she would run away and won't look back. 

"Mark called....again." Hyun-woo stood up from the couch and continued packing. 

"Don't even start." Ever since the funeral, Mark had been calling Hyun-woo to ask for her. The group was on a tour in China and at least three times a day, Mark would call him. Hyun-woo would always say she was out. She didn't want to talk to him. There was nothing to talk about. 

"He misses you. Why don't you give the guy a chance?" 

"Too late for that now."

"It's never too late, Trisha. I know you still like him."

"Doors closed, locked, bolted. No."

"Suit yourself. Can I give him your number then? It's kinda annoying how he calls every time."

"No."

"Should I change my number?" As if on cue, Hyun-woo's phone rang.

"Hello, Mark. No. She's not here." He knew what Mark's gonna ask. 

"Oh...tell her I wanna talk to her, ok?"

"Yes, Mark. I know. Bye."

He threw his phone on the couch.

"See? See how annoying it gets?" Hyun-woo pointed at his phone and looking at Trisha. 

Trisha giggled. "I'm sorry. Just change your number."

"Hey, Mark-hyung. Hurry up. We need to get up on stage in 5 minutes." Jackson called out to Mark who was still on his phone. 

"In a minute," Mark shouted back. He put his phone back in his pocket and ran to the side of the stage. 

"She doesn't want to talk to you, man." Jackson and the other guys have tried telling Mark to stop calling Trisha, but to no avail. "Can you just stop it?"

Mark shook his head. "I can't."

"You're obsessed," JB said, shaking his head. 

"Don't you get it?" Junior said, "She doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Just quit it, hyung."

"No. I'll get her back. Whatever it takes." 

The other boys looked at each other. They know Mark wouldn't listen whatever they say. 

After the concert, the boys headed back to their hotel. 

"I can't wait to go back to Korea." Mark was on the bed, on his phone again and calling Hyun-woo's number.

"One more week," Jackson said. 

Mark wanted to go back to Korea ASAP. After he and Trisha parted at the funeral he was restless. He missed her too much that the time they talked was not enough. He wanted to get her back. His thoughts were just full of her. 

"Maybe I'm really obsessed," he thought to himself. 

"Hyun-woo," he said on the phone.

"She's not...", Hyun-woo sounded pissed off.

"Please, just this once." 

It was silent for a minute. 

"No."

"Please."

"Hello, Mark." It was Trisha. 

"Trisha, listen. Baby, please." 

"No, Mark. I hope you don't call Hyun-woo ever again. Just stop this."

"I miss you, Baby."

"Bye, Mark."

"No, bab.." She hang up.

"Damn," he let his head fall on his hands. "No, Trisha. I won't ever let you go," he told himself.