Part 8

Mark hesitated to go near her. He was afraid she would jump off.

"Trisha?"

"Go away, Mark," Trisha wanted to be left alone. 

"Don't do it. Whatever you're thinking, just don't do it," he had both his arms stretched in front of him. He walked towards her very slowly.

"Just leave me alone," Trisha yelled.

"I will leave you, just get down from there," he was cautious.

Mark was almost behind her, he reached up to her and held her wrist. 

"Come on, I'll help you down," Mark said gently. She tagged at her hand and she held his. She turned around and jumped down from the ledge. 

"Ok, I'm down. Now, leave me alone," she lumbered towards her bike. 

Mark was relieved. He followed her. 

"I thought you said you'd leave when I get down," she faced him and gave him a scornful look.

"I just want to make sure you're safe," Mark stopped on his tracks.

"I'm not suicidal, Mark," she started picking her things up from the ground. "Now, leave."

"What were you doing here, anyway," Mark saw that she was crying and he wanted to know why.

"It's none of your business," Trisha said. She put her helmet on and jumped on her bike. She revved it and sped away. 

"Are you just gonna leave me here?", Mark shouted after her. "Ugh, damn that girl," he started walking towards the direction he came from. 

He was already near the end of the bridge when he saw the bike stop. He ran for it.

"Really, Trisha?", he looked at her. This time he held on to her arm just to make sure she won't speed off again.

"I should be the one asking. What are you doing here, Mark?", Trisha was actually surprised to see Mark earlier. 

"Looking for you, silly," he was supposed to flick her forehead but realized she had her helmet on so he just rapped on her helmet. "We were supposed to practice, did you forget?" 

"Oh," she felt guilty. She was too absorbed in her own thoughts that she forgot about their appointment. "I'm sorry," she said from the bottom of her heart. "So, are they still waiting?" 

"Let me call them. I bet they're all worried. Especially your dad," Mark took out his phone and called JB. 

"Mark," she reached for Mark's hand that was holding the phone, "please don't tell them what you saw," her eyes were pleading.

"JB, I found her. We're on our way there," Mark said over the phone. 

"Where were you? I was so worried," Mr. Lee came up to Trisha as they entered the restaurant. 

Trisha ignored him and sat at the table. She leaned her head on the window, looking down at her feet.

"She was too busy painting, she didn't notice the time," Mark answered for her. 

"I'm sorry I missed practice," she said to JB who was waiting for her to return.

"That's ok. As long as you're fine," JB gave her a smile. "Let's just do this tomorrow. You're free, right?" 

"Sure," she gathered her things and went up to the house, her head still hanging. 

She went up to her room and locked the door. She put her things down and laid on her bed. Tears started falling again. She grabbed the picture frame on her bedside table and stared at her mom's smiling face.