Part 4

Mr. Lee and Hyun-woo were at the restaurant fixing up for the night. 

"I'm really worried about Trisha," Mr. Lee said. "She's having a hard time making friends here. She refuses to meet my friend's kids and she's being mean to everybody."

"Don't worry, Mr. Lee. I'll try to befriend her. I don't think she's that bad. Maybe she hasn't adjusted well yet."

"Plus, she comes home late, drunk. Where could she be going?" 

"Didn't she tell you? She sings at a bar every Tuesdays and Fridays." 

"What? She doesn't have to work. And at a bar? Singing?" His worry turned to anger. Why doesn't he know this? 

"Oh...I thought he told you." Hyun-woo felt guilty. 

"That girl's gonna get it once I'm done with this." He said crisply.

"Boss...School's starting soon." He changed the subject to divert Mr. Lee's thoughts. "Since Trisha's going to my school, I thought it would be nice if I showed her around so she could be familiar with the campus."

"Thank you, Hyun-woo. That would be great." He smiled at him. He looked at him longer and said, "I hope I had a son like you." 

"Then take him in as your son, I don't wanna be your daughter either," Trisha thought. She was at the entrance of the restaurant, just coming back from work, when she overheard their conversation. She was about to go in and get something to eat but, after what she heard, she didn't feel like eating anymore. "Ugh...I can't wait to move out." 

She was still carrying her guitar, instead of going up to the house, she crossed the road and walked to a small store nearby. She took a six-pack and went to a small park just beside it. 

She sat on a flower bed and opened a can. "This life is just f***." She took out her guitar and started strumming, even when tears rolled down her cheeks she still continued playing. "What the heck am I doing in Korea, anyway?", she thought to herself. "I'll just earn enough money to buy a ticket back to the US. I'll be with my friends and free of that old man." 

Before coming to Korea, she thought of staying with Anne instead. But, being bankrupted, she didn't want to be a burden to her. Her mom's bank account was closed, they had to use all the money for hospitalization and the funeral. She only had a few hundreds in hers, money left from her gigs. She couldn't find a decent job because of lack of experience and diploma. So, she didn't have any choice but to accept his dad's offer for her stay with him in Korea.

"Why do I always catch you either drinking or drunk?" Mark, who suddenly appeared out of nowhere, sat beside her. 

She turned her face away to wipe away the tears. She didn't want anybody to see her cry. 

"Go away, Mark." She said, reaching for the can and drinking it straight up. 

"You play really well," he said sincerely.

"Unlike you."

"What does that mean?" His voice became sharp.

"Idols." 

"Ouch!" He sounded really hurt. But Trisha ignored him. "You better watch what you say, you don't know anything about us." 

"And I don't want to know. Now, just leave this girl be." She looked up at the now outraged Mark standing beside her. 

"No wonder you don't have friends, you insensitive drunkard." 

"I'm not insensitive. I'm not a drunkard, either," She stood up and faced him.