Part 3

Trisha just finished her second set at the bar and was about to leave.

"Stay for some more drinks?" A group of 3 guys and 4 girls, who admired her singing, offered.

She hesitated at first, but then decided it wouldn't hurt to drink a little. 

Turned out, she drank more than she could take. She was staggering when she got in a taxi. 

"Lady, we're here." The taxi driver said. Trisha gave him extra and went out. 

She looked around. "Shit. Where am I?" The buildings were unfamiliar to her. She started walking, more like teetering, along the side walk looking for a familiar landmark. Her knees were starting to get weak and she felt like hurling. "I should've eaten something before drinking that much," she regretted.

She saw an open store with a table and chairs in front of it. She decided to rest there for a while since she couldn't go on any further. She was shivering as she sat herself in one of the chairs. She could feel her whole body trembling. "Is it really cold?" She rested her head on the table and thought of closing her eyes just for a minute because they were starting to feel hot.

"I'm just going to the store to get something to munch on," Mark told the guys. They were all gathered in one of the studios in the company to work on their album. 

"Buy us something, too," JB shouted after him.

He entered the convenience store and got a bunch of chips and drinks, paid for them and headed out. He noticed the girl at the table. 

"Trisha?", he looked closer. "Trisha," he shook her. "Hey, why are you sleeping here?" He shook her harder.

"Huh?" Trisha raised her head slowly, her eyes still closed. 

"Yah," Mark shouted.

"Mark?" She lazily opened her eyes and put her hands inside her pockets to keep them warm. 

"What the heck are you doing here?" 

"I got lost."

"What? Your house is just a few blocks in that direction." He pointed at the street opposite the one she came from.

"Oh." She tried to stand up but her knees were still wobbly. 

"Damn it." Mark helped her up. "Can you walk home?" 

"Yeah." But she was quivering non-stop. 

"I'll take you home." Mark carried her things and put his arm around her. 

"Stairs," he said as they reached the foot of the steps. He guided him up and helped her unlock the door. 

"Thanks, Mark, you can go now." She said as she curled her body on the sofa.

"Are you ok?" Mark was beginning to feel concerned. She looked pale and her eyes are dark and deep. She seemed very sick. He touched her forehead and she was burning. "You're hot," he said. He put her bag on the stool and helped her straighten up on the chair. 

"I know," she tried to joke, "but you're not my type."

"You're running a fever, Trisha." He said ignoring Trisha's gag. "Don't move. I'll get you a blanket." He ran up to the second floor and searched for a blanket in the room. He found a small towel, too.

He took her coat off and wrapped the blanket around her. He ran to the kitchen to get warm water and a basin of cold water. He helped her drink, wet the towel in the basin and put it on her forehead. "Where's your medicine at?" He asked.