2 - Part 6

"Trisha? Are you awake?" Hyun-woo came early in the morning to give her new phone and check on her. 

He entered the apartment and saw Trisha by the window on her wheelchair. "I brought food." 

"Thanks." She was still staring outside. 

He looked around the apartment, it was still what it looked like since he left yesterday. Her bags were still where he left them. 

"Trisha, have you even eaten?" He took out the food he brought and set it on the table. He wheeled her towards the table and let her hold the chopsticks. "Please, Trisha. Eat. You need to be strong, for yourself, for your dad."

"My dad." She jolted back to her senses. "Please watch over him for me, just until I get to walk." 

"Don't worry, I'll drop by the hospital this afternoon. Just worry about yourself first. OK?" He pushed the bowl near her. 

She nodded and started eating. "Mark might be looking for you any time soon. Just make up some story."

"I've already thought of that. I've also brought your phone." He took the box out from his bag and gave it to her. 

"And," she continued, "school." She didn't want to leave school. She just started to like it, but she doesn't have a choice. "I've sent them an email, but ..."

"I'll check on it, don't worry."

She faced him and took his hand. "I'm sorry. I must be bothering you a lot. I promise, I won't be a burden anymore. This would be the last."

"Trisha, I've already considered you my sister even before you came here." He did. He felt like he knew her a lot because of Mr. Lee's non-stop stories about her. 

"Thank you." And, "I'm sorry I treated you badly the first time we met." 

He smiled. "Actually, I got used to it."

Mark was up early that morning, too. He planned on dropping by the restaurant to talk to Hyun-woo before going to the group's scheduled activities for today. 

"Damn it, where is he?" He was in front of the closed restaurant  waiting for Hyun-woo. JB messaged him. 

'Where are you? We're about to go.'

"Shit!"

He ran to their dorm just in time for the van to leave. 

"Did you talk to him?", JB asked him once they were seated in the car. 

"No, it's closed."

"Let's try later tonight." JB tapped Mark's shoulder. 

They went back later that night just as Hyun-woo was preparing to close. 

"Hyun-woo," Mark burst in the door. 

"Yeah," the startled Hyun-woo dropped the plate he was holding and it broke into pieces on the floor. "Look what you made me do." He started cleaning it up. 

"Sorry," Mark tried to calm down. "Where is she?" 

"I don't know."

"They said you were with her," JB shouted. "Don't lie to us."

"I'm not lying," he crossed his fingers behind his back. "We were in the taxi together and she let me out midway. I don't know where she went to."

"Yah," Mark shouted.

"I swear," he sat on one of the chairs and tried to look sorry.

"Fuck! You're useless!"