07 | the perfect storm

Start from the beginning

Clarke looked at me, shaking her head as she grasped my arm lightly. "It's okay. They'll find somewhere to ride it out."

Raven pushed through a crowd, making her way over to Finn, whom Octavia, Clarke, and I were huddled around. She held out a needle to Clarke. "One stitching needle."

As they spoke, I took the time to pace the floor, panicking at every rumble of thunder I heard. It seemed to be getting louder. I was worried, very worried about Bellamy. How the hell would he and the others find shelter in a storm as rough as this one?

"Great," Clarke deemed, grabbing it from her. "I still need something to close the wound."

"There's some wire on the second level. I used it for the tents," Octavia worded.

Clarke nodded, asking her to get it. As she moved upstairs, Raven and Clarke turned to face each other. "Tell me you can do this," the brunette girl demanded.

Clarke looked at Raven, not answering. At the entrance of the pod, Monroe yelled, "Hey! They're back!"

My attention diverted from my thoughts to the door, where a very drenched Bellamy walked in, possibly followed by some of the delinquents. I didn't care much, seeing as the moment he stepped onto the ship, I flung myself at him, wrapping my arms around his cold, shivering body. His hand cupped the back of my head, holding me to his chest. "Are you okay?" I mumbled into his jacket. He hummed, nodding his head and pressing a soft kiss to the side of my head.

"Bellamy!" Octavia yelled, lowering herself on the ladder from the second level. From looking over Bellamy's shoulder, I could see two of the delinquents dragging a Grounder's unconscious body. It was the same Grounder who had stabbed Finn. They dropped him to the ground as Octavia walked up. "What the hell are you doing?" she demanded, looking at her brother as he pulled away from the hug, leaving his hand resting on my lower back.

He looked over at her, his eyes hardened. "It's time to get some answers."

"Oh, you mean revenge?"

"I mean intel," he fought. He turned to the boys who were carrying the unconscious Grounder. "Get him upstairs."

Clarke walked up the three of us, stating that she sided with Octavia. He looked at her, angrily. I heard radio noises from behind us and turned to face Raven tuning the radio. "Clarke, okay, we're ready. Can you hear me?" Her mother spoke.

Bellamy looked up, surprised at the radio noises. The blonde looked away too, with a bothered expression. "So, yeah, we got in contact with the Ark," I awkwardly announced as his hand left my body.

As Clarke looked at him speechlessly, I decided I couldn't let him do this. I looked back at Bellamy, pleading, "This is not who we are." Abby called Clarke's name in the background. Bellamy looked between the three of us – Octavia, Clarke, and I – and cupped my cheek, rubbing his thumb softly on the skin for a second.

After pulling away, he replied, "It is now." He walked away, leaving the three of us with worried faces. I huffed, a little cross with the older Blake sibling. I understood his motives but there was no need for his methods to be so harsh. There were other ways we could communicate with the Grounder; we didn't have to use violence.

As Clarke and Raven sterilized their hands with Monty's moonshine, Octavia and I made our way upstairs, where Bellamy's militia was chaining Lincoln's hands, rendering them useless.

"Whoa, he's awake," I whispered to Octavia as they tied the chains. Bellamy ordered them to tie him tighter. Apparently, the last thing we need is this bastard getting free because someone screwed up.