Chapter 42

*maddie*

Beating up the walldogs is so easy. They barely know how to fight. But the hard part was veronika.

"Veronika please you have to go the jail!" I tell her.

"Why should I?! I trusted you Maddie. No I really did!" She yelled.

"Look I don't want to fight you. Just get the cop car and you'll be fine." I say.

She doesn't look at me.

"Look I'm for good, not bad. I may act like I am bad but I'm just a goody two shoes inside. I'm sorry." I say.

She kicked me.

"Well that HURT!" I said to her.

"You deserve it you deceiving child!" She yells.

"How old are you anyway?" I ask stopping her.

"18, enough to beat your ass." She says.

"YOUR 18?!" I hear Henry from behind me.

"Yeah so?" She asked him.

"You kissed me!" He says wiping his mouth.

"Yeah but you kissed back." She smiled.

"You kissed back?!" I grab his him by his shirt and pulled him closer to me.

"You kissed my sister?" I yell/whisper in his ear.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"But.." Then someone stopped me.

My mother.

She grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face her and the beaten up walldogs.

"And what do you want? You're going to jail too." I say.

"Why should I?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" Henry asked.

"I'm the one that saved you from becoming a walldog! I'm the one that made Ray keep you! I kept you safe from your horrible father! I saved you! And this is what you give me?" She asked.

"What.." I didn't understand.

What was going on?!

"What are you talking about?" I ask her.

"Didn't Ray tell you?" She asked.

"Uh no!" Henry blurts.

"Wait. You know too?" I yell at him.

"Kinda." He looks away.

"Let me tell you the whole thing."

*Madisons moms (kelly) point of view*
*14 years ago*

My new child was born. I wasn't very happy though. I didn't want a child. In fact I didn't even want to get married to the man I'm married today. But my days were full of bad a luck. I stared at the small child's face.

She had the smallest hands and the biggest Browns eyes id ever seen! She was a lot like her father. But I hope when she was older she didn't act like him.

But I knew the only way for that to work is if I took her away from this horrible place. How could I? I was trapped the day I meet him.

Someone knocked on the door.

"It's open!" I yell.

Someone walks in. It was Ray vandels younger brother.

"Ray. It's so nice to see you." I try to smile.

"You know you don't have to fool me with that fake smile." He says coming closer to the bed I laid in.

I sigh. "Ray I can't have another child turn into him!" I tell him breaking into tears.

Ray was my best friend. In fact, we went to school together. That's when I meet his brother vandel. He took advantage of me and forced me to marry him into the life of crime.

"I can help." He smiled. But he then frowned.

"What's is it?" I asked.

"You give me the child and I take care of her and take her far away from here. She will never suffer the pain that you did." He said.

"But-" I stopped.

"It's for the best of her." He says looking down at the child.

"But how do we make sure that I wasn't part of this?" I ask Ray.

"Simple I'll take her while you sleep." He says.

I smile and then laugh.

"What about captain man?" I question him.

"I've got gooch and shocws and siren." He giggled at the last name.

"Ooohh." I tease him.

He blushes.

"You better get out of here though before vandel comes." I reminded him.

"Yeah but before I go. What's her name?" He asked.

"Madison. Madison Manchester." I smiled down at her, knowing this might be the only time I have with her.

*flashback over*
*maddie*

"Wow." Thats all I could say.

"Did you mean siren as in siren the girl that got married to jake hart?" I asked.

"I think. Um yes! That's right! Ray never got the girl of his dreams but siren did. Oh she was so happy." Kelly smiled.

"I'm their son." Henry said.

"You! Aww!" She hugged Henry.

"I didn't know my daughter had such nice taste in men don't you think?" She winked at me.

"Uh..."

"Don't be silly!" She smiled.

"We. Are. Not. Together." I say.

"Sure looks like it." Ray says coming over to us.

"You knew my mom the whole time?" Henry asked Ray.

"Yeah. Remember that night I came to your house? When I saw your moms photo sitting on the table I was so happy to see she still lived here. But then I realized that you were her son and blah blah blah." He chuckled.

"Still like her?" My mother asked.

"Hell yes." He smiled.

"Okay so what about vandel?" I asked.

"Out of our hands for years. I guess it's time to go home." Ray told us.

"Let's go. I have a feeling this is not over just yet." I slipped my hands into henrys as we head back to the man copter.