Chapter 35

*maddie*

For the past two hours Ray or 'captain man' has been sitting in henrys house talking to his mom.

"And what exact words did he say to you?" He asked Mrs. Hart.

"Don't you think Ray is going a little over board?" Charlotte whispers in my ear.

She too had been here for a while.

"Yeah. What can I do?" I ask lying.

Actually I could just drag him out. But what was I gonna tell Mrs. Hart? That oh yeah just to tell you that captain man is my uncle oh and ps, Henry is kid danger.

I rolled my eyes at them.

And then I thought.

Wait I don't have to be here! I could go to the old maple grill the girl Ray was talking to last night, was talking about.

"Um, Mrs. Hart and captain man, I have to go home. My uncle will get mad." I tell them.

"Nah he probably won't!" Says Ray.

"Yes he will." I stare into his eyes.

"Uh I guess, see you tomorrow!" He waves.

"What do you mean tomorrow?" Henry asked him.

"Well Henry, I decided to stay and protect you and you mom." He smile.

"WHAT?!" Henry yelled.

"Henry be nice." His mom says eyeing him.

"Okay I have to get going." I wave.

This is exactly what I wanted

I run to junk n stuff and go on my computer. I look up 'old maple grill'. An article came up from about 13 years ago:

Baby stolen from vandel the wall dogs leader!

Who the hell is vandel?

It had been reported that vandel was spray painting in the old maple grill and captain man came to stop him. Along with the wall dogs gang was also his wife a new born child.

Captain man took the baby from the woman's hand and supposedly stole it.

Till today no one knows where the baby is or what the gender is. Although many people say it could be kid danger.

I stare at the screen.

This was two days after I was born!

I shut the computer. Poor baby! Why would Ray do that? And what happened to the child?

I decided I would see the old maple grill. Maybe the vandel dude is still there!

I grab a black light  jacket and a black beanie. I go up the tube. Once I get outside I realize I forgot to pull up the address.

Shit!

I rummage through my pocket and find my phone. I see a few texts from Ray and Henry but I ignore them. I go on google and type 'old maple grill'. The only think that came up was a street called 'old mill road'. I shrugged and checked how far it was from here.

It said about 20 minutes.

Cool

I start walking down the street. It was getting dark but honestly I don't care.

After about 20 minutes I finally make it to the old mill road. But It didn't say anything about and old maple grill or anything. There was a house and next to that house was a shed. Just a shed. The house looked abandoned too.

"Well this sucked!" I yelled out loud.

I was about to turn away when I heard a sound. Like someone was walking towards me.

"Who goes there?" I ask.

There was a small whisper.

"You ever you are-" I was cut off by someone screaming.

I crouch down and hear someone loud and Clear.

"Madison Manchester is that you?" The voice asked.

How do they know my name?

And then everything blacks out.