Chapter 40

*maddie*

Okay great I'm screwed. Like a few days ago I heard one of the walldogs (she was a girl) saying that if you don't listen to vandel or obey him, you could get hurt, mentally, emotionally and physically.

"But I can't!" I scream in frustration.

But I realized I did have one way out.

"Nope! I'm not going to do it!" I say out loud.

And that was to either call Ray or Henry. Charlotte would scold me saying I shouldn't have done it in the first place. And the leave me here as a punishment. Seriously Charlotte is like my second mom. Or first since the whole...never mind.

I pick up my phone from my bed and see about 50 messages asking where I was if I was okay, or if I need any help.

They were all from Henry. Ooh surprise!

I knew it was now or never. But I was scared. Maybe vandel could track my call?! But I couldn't step back now. I dialed his number.

It rang.

He picked up.

"Hello?"

"Madison?!" He yelled into the phone.

*henry*

I guess a few weeks passed and there was no sign of vandel. We were supposed to go the night we found out the location but Ray said it's too early and maybe she adjusted to the style there and if she needed us she would have called a long time ago. Plus he heard some plan against us. He didn't want me to get killed.

I sigh at the thought of that.

I walk towards junk n stuff and open the door. I see gooch, I greet him and his plant and go down the elevator. I scream my normal scream and the door opens.

"Hey Ray. What's shaken?" I ask him.

"Nothin much. Still wondering about Madison." He says turning around to his computer desk to check a criminals picture.

"Me too." I mutter.

"Did you just hear what I heard Ray?" Someone says Behind me in a teasing voice.

Charlotte

"Hey char!" I turn around an hug her.

"Nice to meet you to hen." She says.

"Okay so any criminals we need to catch?" Charlotte asks Ray.

"Nah." He shakes his head.

My phone suddenly starts to ring.

"Ahh let me guess it must be your sister?" Charlotte laughs.

I take out my phone and stood there in shock.

"Jasper?" Ray asks.

"Madsion." I gulp.

"Pick it up, pick it up!" Ray yells.

I slowly pick it up.

"Hello?" I hear the other voice say.

"MADDIE!" I yell.

"PUT IT ON SPEAKER!" Ray yelled.

I did just that.

"Hello hello? Henry it's me! I'm alive and stuff." She says.

"Yes yes! I can hear you! Where are you? What are you doing? Are you okay?" I fire 20 questions at her.

"Settle down." She laughs.