Chapter 38

*henry*

"I swear I swear I swear if we don't find her by tomorrow I'm sure she's kidnapped!" I tell Ray in the morning.

Ray made pancakes and waffles. I sat next to Charlotte while we ate.

Ray looks at my werid.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing it's just that...GOOCH!" He yells.

"Yes!" He calls back.

"Come down here!"

He came down from upstairs and he asked Ray what was the problem. Guess Ray disturbed his beauty sleep.

"Didn't vandel come out from jail just a few weeks ago?" He asked.

Vandel who?

"Ray! You never talk about him and-" he gasped.

"Look i know I don't just tell me yes or no." Ray said.

"Yes Ray and that was a few months ago. You really need to keep track." Gooch rolled his eyes.

"I know I know but I was thinking about maddie and vandel said as soon as be got out jail he would take revenge, but for sure I thought it was the other day but I've been thinking-"

"It could be him! Did you try tracking maddie down with her watch?" Gooch asked.
"Yes! But it didn't work!" I tell him.

"How about her phone?" Gooch asked

"No!" We all look at each other.

Ray ran to the computer and typed in a few random things and got maddies phone with the track device on the screen.

"No way!" He yelled.

"What?" I asked walking over to the screen.

"She is with vandel! Oh my poor-"

"She's with some criminal dude?!" I scream.

"No. Well yes. I mean. Ugh. It's a long story." Ray says.

"Well we got time." Char smiled at me.

"You might want to sit down for this one."

*flash back*
*ray*

"Come on vandel! I want to go this year you always go!" I pout.

Our father Eric Manchester was a scientist. He had the coolest lab and was very famous. Meaning he never had time for us. My mother died 5 years ago when I was only 4. Vandel who was only 4 years older than me acted more than a 13 year old. Vandel as my brother might sound with all the cool friends he brings home but in reality it's not. He never cared for me! And when dads away he throws parties.

And once year it's take your child to work day. For all theses years vandel gets to go because he's older. But my father said as soon as I was 9 I'm allowed to go.

"But vandel I'm old enough now!" I remind him.

"Okay but you have to ask dad first." He says.

"He'll never let you go." He mutters.

With just his luck my father agreed to take me to his lab. Two weeks later dad was getting ready to show this group of people a new machine he made that made

But I remembered how I really wanted to show my father this sick move I did with my skateboard.

As the group was standing by the machine my father made, I rode my skateboard down to my father. But unfortunately my timing was a little wrong and Dad already had switched the machine on.

I went through the machine. At first I couldn't even feel myself. But after 10 seconds I was feeling better and I could here my father shouting.

"RAY RAY ARE YOU OKAY?!" He yelled.

"Yea.." I didn't know what to say.

"Wait one minute." He went in the back and got a bat. You know the one you use for baseball.

"Um Dad what are you-" but he already cut me off by hitting the bat on my head.

"OWW!" I yell.

"What?" He asked.

"That hurt!" I said.

"But did you get any bruises?" He asked.

"No?"

And that's when my father decided that it was best for me to serve swellview as a superhero.

*flashback over*
*henry*

"Wow." I say to Ray.

"So what about vandel?" Charlotte asked.

"Vandel got jealous that my father only gave attention to me and never to him. He thought if I could become a superhero he could become a villain." Ray shook his head.

"So did he get the attention?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. But the first person I put into jail was my own brother. After that my father never spoke of vandel and neither did I." Ray told us.

"So if vandels your brother, maddies your niece, then that means.." Ray nodded.

"Yeah maddie was born into a life of crime. Which I took her away. I really couldn't see my niece go through the same thing. And her mother-" he stopped there.

"What about her mother?" I asked.

"Her mother was the core of the plan." He says.

"What plan?" Charlotte asked.

"Her mother was actually forced to get married to vandel. Her parents already dead, and vandel did some things. I have to censer for you children. So she ended up marrying him. Big mistake for her and vandel." He explained.

"Ray! Your family is just messed up!" Charlotte said.

"Yeah I know. It's horrible." He says.

"I'm sorry Ray." I tell him.

"Nah Henry, it was your right to know. Plus you need to know the history to get maddie." He winked at me and then laughed.

"What?!" I yell.

"Oh come on Hen, you know you like her." Charlotte poked me on the arm.

"Eww gross I would never like her!" I say.

"Lier lier lier lier pants on fire!" Sang Ray.

"Guys!"

The both laughed.

"But seriously shouldn't we head to maddie?" I ask.

"We will have to do that at night." Ray said.

"Why?" Charlotte asked.

"Because that's when the walldogs are out."