Chapter 18

*maddie*

The next day I went to Henry house. Charlotte called me over. I wore a(in media) and went outside. I do wonder about my parents a lot. like how they looked and if they were superheroes too. whenever I bring this topic up with Ray he would push it a side and won't ever talk about it.

When I got to Henry's house, I rang the doorbell and his little sister piper opened. by far out of the hart family, piper is the one who actually understands me.

"Hey piper" I wave.

"Hey maddie" she lets me in.

I see mr. Hart, mrs. Hart and Henry all together while Charlotte was watching tv. I felt me eyes starting to water. I wish I had a family. well I do have Ray but he's so busy most of the time I don't really get to spent any of it with him.

"Hey maddie...are you crying?" Henry came up to me.

"Oh hey it's nothing" I try to fake a smile.

"Oh well, hey Charlotte did you tell her?" Henry asked char.

"No, so Henry asked out bianca to the Valentine's Day dance at club soda." she started.

"Um so?" I ask her.

"Well she said no because she was going out with Mitch" char explained.

"Serves him right." I mutter.

"What?!" Henry yelled.

"Nothing" I laugh.

"So now what are we gonna do?" Henry explains running around in circles.

"Why don't you just go on a date with another girl?" I laugh.

"Actually good idea!" He smiles.

"Then who's the lucky girl?" I joke.

"Maddie..." he stops.

He's gonna ask me?!

"Yeah?" I say slowly.

"Does Ray have anything that can help me?" He asks.

OH COME ON HENRY! IM A DAMN GIRL STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU! WHY CANT YOU ASK ME?

"Uh I think he might, we can check after school?" I suggest.

"Good idea thanks maddie" he smiles and gives me a hug and I hug him back.

He sorta smiles like axe but then a hint of mint. I don't know but I like it.