Chapter 23 - Cheating on me

Nathan's POV

''What are you planning to do on your birthday?'' I asked Joanna while driving. She was meeting Josh at Starbucks, he told her he needed her. She said he sounded pretty sad. ''I don't know, These pasts weeks has been so exhausting, I could spend my birthday at bed all day, and it'd be perfect'' she said chuckling. 

The truth is that we already had everything planned. We were setting up a surprise for her, and I was taking spanish lessons, and started writing a song in spanish for her. I was gonna sing it to her that day. Hope it all goes well, and the boys don't screw anything up. Well, they didn't tell me Joanna was here for my birthday, it could work then.

We got to Starbucks and Joanna got out of the car, I wish I could stay with her but we had work to do at the studio. ''See you later'' she said blowing me a kiss. ''See you'' I said before driving away.

Joanna's POV

I ordered a Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino before sitting in one of the tables. I took my phone out of my purse and logged onto Twitter. I then felt the gaze of someone on me, and when I looked up I saw Josh standing in front of me with a fake smile on his face. ''Hey'' he said slowly before sitting across the table so we were facing each other. Josh and I have became really good friends, along with his beautiful girlfriend Victoria. I could tell by the tone of his voice this morning when he called, something was wrong. 

''What's wrong?'' I asked. ''Nice to see you too'' he said chuckling, a fake one of course. ''Come on Josh, you got me worried all day since the phone call, what is it?'' I asked. He looked at me before he started talking. ''Victoria and I broke up'' he managed to say looking at the floor. ''What... What happened?'' I asked holding his hand. ''I found her with someone else... She cheated on me'' he said looking back at me. ''I... I don't know what to say Josh'' I said holding his hand tighter. Tears streaming down his face. They'd been dating for 5 years already. 

I sat down next to him and hugged him. ''I'm so sorry Josh'' I said. ''She's very stupid for doing that to you'' I said and he gave me a little smile. ''Thanks for being here for me'' He said. ''No problem, what are friends for?'' I said making him laugh. ''See? I made you smile!'' I said with a huge grin on my face. We talked a little more until it was time to go. He gave me a ride back home and we waved goodbye. 

When I got home the boys were already there. ''Hello'' I said smiling to Jay and Max, who were sitting on the couch watching TV. ''Your babe is on the kitchen'' Max said. ''Well, it's nice to see you too'' I said making Jay laugh. I went to the kitchen and Nathan was making tea. His back was facing me and he had his headphones on, so I went a little quiet and wrapped my arms around his waist hugging him from behind. At first he jumped a little when he felt my arms, but then a small chuckle escaped from his mouth.

''Hello there'' I said as soon as he took his headphones out. He turned around a gave me a little kiss on the lips. ''I've missed you'' he said. ''I was away for only 3 hours Nath'' I said. ''So? Can't I miss my girlfriend now?'' He said with a fake hurt look on his face. I pulled apart and started walking out of the kitchen. ''Where are you going?'' He asked me. ''I'm gonna take a shower and then I'll meet you at the living room for today's movie night, alright?'' I said before giving him a little wink. He instantly smiled and nodded. 

I went to my room and took a quick shower. I put on some sweat pants and a black tank top. I made my way to the living room, and the boys were already sat there waiting for me to press the play button. I sat next to Nathan and he put his arm around my shoulders. After the movie ended, we all got into our rooms and went to sleep. 

The next day I woke up and got out of bed quickly. I got ready and went to college right away. Today I had classes until 8pm. This is hell. Not to mention, I had one class with Victoria, and she was acting like nothing had happened between Josh and her. She sat next to me the whole hour and I just tried to avoid her as much as I could.