Chapter 3 - Get to know you better

Joanna's POV

The next day I woke up thinking about what happened yesterday, I still couldn't believe Nathan was at the same hotel I was, and that we actually talked.

As soon as I got out of bed, I went to take a shower. "Guys wake up! Remember we told mom and dad that we'd meet them at the restaurant for breakfast at 9:30am and it's 8:43 already" I told my brothers, I didn't use to sleep that much when I wasn't at home, even If It was just a sleepover at my friend's house, if I wasn't in my own bed, I felt weird.

I put on my clothes, just a cute white bikini with some pink stripes on it and a mini sailor dress on it. Since I was at the beach yesterday, my hair was a total mess, my curls were all over my face, I needed a special brush or something to untangled it. At the end I didn't look so bad, I somehow managed to make one little braid on each side of my head, and pulled all my hait up in a bun.

"Let's go" my brother said. Even if we were two doors away, my parents always used to have like their own life at a hotel, without anyone bothering, and that means without us. We only used to see each other for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So we got out of the room and walked towards the restaurant.

"Bendición mami, Bendición papi" I told them, it was a way to ask my parents blessings, it's something we always do, it was like a sign of respect. While eating all my parents asked us was about our day yesterday, what we did and where did we go. They didn't even notice the cut in my forehead, luckily.

After eating my delicious breakfast, some sausages with smashed potatoes, I went to get a cappucino at the bar. When I was approaching at the coffee machine, I saw Nathan asking a woman for a "cuppa", like he uses to call the tea.

"Getting a cup of tea, huh? Classic Mr. Sykes" I said passing by his side, he turned around to see who was talking to him, and I winked at him turning around before heading to the coffee machine, that was like 10 steps away.

"Hey" he whispered giving me shivers all over my body, I wasn't expecting that at all so I jumped a little turning around to see those beautiful green eyes, it was like they were piercing my soul. "Don't do that again, ever" I poked his nose, grabbed my cappucino and started walking to my table, that was a little bit far away from the machine.

"So, does your forehead still hurts?" he asked me, walking next to me with one hand in his pocket and the other one rubbing the back of his neck, you could notice he was a little worried about it, I don't know why, it wasn't that serious. "No, I'm okay, don't worry" I said.

"So... My family's there, see you later" I said when I saw the table, I didn't want them to see I was with a boy, just because I'd have to go through a whole interrogatory and I just wasn't in the mood.

"So what are you going to do today?" our parents asked, "Well I'm going back to the room for an hour, and then to the pool" my sister said, "Me too, I think I ate too much" my brother said, "You think?" I said with a smirked on my face. "So room it is!" I finally said.

When we got to the room we all went straight to the beds. I took my phone out of my bag, I haven't looked at it since we got here so when I turned it on there were 2 texts from my best friend, Karla. We've known each other since kinder garden, and we've always been together at school, and the fact that she was going to study medicine too makes it even better. She's just like me, maybe that's why we get along so well.

'From: Karla 

Hey! How R U? How's the hotel going?'

'From: Karla 

C'mon! Where R U? Why aren't you answering me? I need to talk to you, got some news!'

What was all that about? She must have something very insteresting going on, so I texted her back as soon as I could.

'Hey! Sorry! Been busy... The hotel? Well, so far so good! And with good I mean PERFECT! I have to talk to you too! You wouldn't believe what happened yesterday'

As soon as I put my phone down and turned on the TV I got another text from her.

'From: Karla 

OMG! What!? What happened!?'

I laughed so hard before I started to text her back. All I was thinking about while writting was Nathan's beautiful smile, he was Karla's favorite, so I knew that would drive her crazy. Mine was actually Jaybird, but when I saw Nathan yesterday I don't even know what happened to me, it was like magic, it must be his hipnotic green eyes, I don't know, but I felt so good yesterday. When I got back to reality I clicked 'send' at waited for her answer.

"Hey! We're going to the pool, are you coming or not?" Joanny asked me, since Karla hasn't answered me, I put my phone down and got up, "Sure, let's go" I nodded.

Before getting into the pool I went to the bar to get a refreshing drink, "I'd like two Piña Coladas, Please" I asked the bartender, "Do you want some alcohol on it" he asked me, even If I were "legal" at the hotel, I didn't want to get wasted or anything, besides I'm not a big fan of the alcohol. "No, thanks" I told him, "Don't want to get loose too early, huh?" that voice, "I recognize that accent" I said before turning to my left to see him, "Mr. Sykes" I said, he forrowed his eyebrows before saying a word, "why are we going that formal? Call me Nathan" he said with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen stuck on his face. I'll never get used to that perfect smile, and those sparkling greened eyes looking right to mine, I couldn't even explain all the things that are going through my body, it was magical. I've always said he was cute when I looked at pictures of him, but in person he was just out of this world.

"So, I feel like I'm in desadvantage" he said looking at me, "Why?" I asked him. "You're a fan, you know a lot of things about me, but the only things I know about you is that your name is Joanna, and the fact that you're dominican, that's it" he sighed. "Well, let's start" I said turning my chair so my whole body was facing him. "What do you wanna know?" I asked him.

You know when you feel like you've known someone for ages but it's actually been only days? Yeah, that's how I felt about Nathan, it was like talking to my friends back home. 

He was so sweet. After one hour of asking each other about everything about our lives, I even forgot I was going to the pool with my brothers. "So, you're 17, about to graduate to study medicine, you speak three languages, you love me, an--" I cut him off, "I didn't say I love you, I said I love The Wanted" I gazed at him. "Practically the same" he winked at me. Holy shit, he just winked at me, It was like the one on the 'I found you' video and that just melted my heart, seriously that's unhealthy.

"What are you thinking of?" He woke me up from my thoughts, I soon realized I was supposed to meet my brothers at the pool about an hour ago. "Eemm... I think I should get going, I was meeting my brothers at the pool" I sighed, "Sure, see you around" he sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey Guys! So, It's Wednesday! Hope you liked this chapter!

If the fanfic gets more than 5 votes and 100 reads I'll totally update the next chapter right away! It's already written and everything I'll just have to press "publish" ;)

By the way, My GRADUATION's in 3 days! Finally! I'm so excited!! My mom made my dress and everything and I'm so excited to finally wear it!! I've been waiting for this day so long and it''s so near!

Don't forget to vote or leave your comments, fan ir whatever you wanna do... Remember I take suggestions, it's my first fanfic so I'm not an expert ;)

BTW, when us dominicans say ''Bendicion'' to our parents, it's a way to ask for their blessings... I do it everytime I go out of my house and in the morning when I wake up and see them for first time...

My twitter is @Nana1895 by the way, if you'd like to follow me or something xD

Thanks! J xx