As we turn to walk away the door clicks open.

"Well..look who decided to show up." Hardin says.

Something about his tone sends chills down my spine. When I turn to face him, his eyes are blood shot and his cheeks are pink.

"Zed! Pal! It's so nice to see you." Hardin slurs.

He's drunk.

"Hardin.. have you been drinking?" My thoughts suddenly clear.

"What's it to you? You have a new boyfriend."

"Hardin.." I don't know what to say to him.

He is obviously wasted. The last time I saw him this drunk was the night Landon called me to come to Ken's house. With his father's history of drinking and the way Anne was so fearful that Hardin had began to drink again, my heart sinks.

"Thank you for bringing me home, I think you should go now." I politely say to Zed.

Hardin is too drunk to be around Zed.

"Noooo.." Hardin exgaherates.

"Come on in! Let's have a drink together!" Hardin grabs Zed's arm and pulls him through the doorway.

"No, this is not a good idea. You are drunk."  I protest.

"It's fine." Zed tells me. It's almost like he has a death wish.

"Yeah, Tessa. Chill the fuck out." Hardin stumbles over to the coffee table and grabs the bottle of dark liquor and pours the liquid into a glass.

I want to yell at him for speaking to me that way but I can't find my voice.

"Here you go, I will get another cup. One for you too Tess." Hardin rambles and walks into the kitchen.

Zed sits in the chair and I take a seat on the couch.

"I'm not leaving you here alone with him, look how drunk he is. I thought he didn't drink?" Zed whispers.

"He doesn't.. not like this. This is my fault." I put my head in my hands.

I hate that Hardin is drunk because of what I did. I wanted us to have a civil conversation so I could apologize for everything.

"No it's not." Zed assures me.

"This one is for you." Hardin hands me a glass half full of liquor.

"I don't want anymore. I drank enough tonight." I take the glass from his hands and sit it on the table.

"Suit yourself, more for me." He smiles at me. His smile isn't the same as the smile I have grown to adore.

I am honestly a little frightened. I know Hardin would never hurt me, physically but I don't like this side of him. I would rather him be screaming at me or punching a wall than sitting here drunk off his ass and being so calm. Too calm.

Zed brings his drink to his lips and takes a sip.

"This is just like old times isn't it? You know back before you wanted to fuck my girl." Hardin says and Zed spits his drink back into the cup.

"It's not like that. You left her there and I brought her home." Zed's tone is threatening.

"I'm not just talking about tonight and you know it. Though I am pretty annoyed by you taking it upon yourself to bring her home. She is a big girl, she can fend for herself."

"She shouldn't have to fend for herself." Zed fires back.

"That's not up to you!" Hardin yells and I jump.