Chapter 18

Amy's POV

A few hours later and Chloe was still in surgery, Luke suggested we went home and got cleaned up and had something to eat.

In the car we were all silent...until I broke the ice. "How do you know you love someone?" Michael looked over at Calum and faced me.

"You know you love someone when you look at them and just like that they give you butterflies in your stomach."

Calum smiled and held Michael's hand behind my head so I rested on their hands making them laugh.

"Why?" I gulped. "Back at the hospital, Ricky told me that Chloe loves me and that I should think about what my feelings towards her are and tell her if I love her or not after the surgery."

Ashton stops the car at the red light. "Well that doesn't give you much time." I shrugged my shoulders. "I would do anything for Chloe, absolutely anything."

Luke looked at Ashton and smiled then faced me. "I think you already know how you feel, you're just scared to admit it." I sighed and sunk lower into my seat. I think I knew the answer too.

Once we got home I ran upstairs and locked my bedroom door. I sighed and slid down it, letting the tears fall too. "God Chloe."

I pushed myself off of the floor and walked to my wardrobe and chose out a fresh outfit before getting into the shower.

I got into the shower and sighed, the water felt so good against the tension in my muscles. After I finished my shower I got out and got changed into my new outfit and walked downstairs to see Malum on the sofa making out.

I groaned and grabbed a cushion before hitting Calum in the back with it making them jump apart.

The three of us waited for Luke and Ashton to come downstairs before we all got back into the car and drove back to the hospital.

"Amy?" I shook my head when I realised I was back in reality. "Um yea?" I asked looking around at who was talking to me.

"Do you know what your answer is to Chloe?" Calum asked me, I sighed and tears filled my eyes. "I just don't want to do the wrong thing."

I admitted. "I don't want to hurt her." I felt Michael pat my back and pull me into a hug.

When we pulled up at the hospital I was the first to get out of the car and run into the hospital, I marched into Chloe's room to see her there looking emotionless, her neck was in a brace, she couldn't move it.

It made me want to cry. But once she noticed me, she smiled and it wasn't a forced one, she was genuinely happy to see me.

"Hey Chloe." I said smiling. Chloe waved to me and motioned for me to go and sit with her. I walked up to her bed and waited for her to move over so I could lie down too.

Eventually when she moved over, with a bit of my help, I laid down next to her.

"Why'd you try to leave me Chloe?" I asked, my voice cracking multiple times. She just shrugged and tears started to fall from my eyes.

"You were going to leave me behind." I said, more tears running down my face. "What did you even do?"

She motioned to the chair beside the bed and pointed over at the bin, I was confused so I looked in the bin to see rope.

I gasped. "You attempted to hang yourself, didn't you?" I asked looking back at her to see she was evoiding my gaze. I started to choke on tears that weren't even falling. She really wanted to leave me here.

I got back onto the bed and sat next to her holding her hand. "I love you, you know." She gave me a happy/excited look and I giggled.

"Yea, I really love you, and I wanted to know, if you'd be my girlfriend?" Chloe smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen her wear and she jumped onto me enveloping me in a hug.

We heard a around of applause and we pulled away from the hug to see everyone watching us. Including Chloe's doctors.

"So, I'm guessing you two got together?" Ricky asked looking at our linked hands. I looked to Chloe to see her nodding her head so quickly she was a blur to me.

My attention was moved to the doctor as he picked at the rubber gloves so they hit his skin making me jump.

"I'm afraid everyone will have to leave the room so we can do more tests on Chloe." I sighed and started to climb out of the bed but Chloe clung onto my arm.

"Chloe I'll be right outside, ok? I'll be the first person back in. There's nothing to worry about." Chloe nodded and I kissed her forehead before walking out and sitting with everyone.

Just as I sat down with Michael and Luke, Chloe's parents came up to me. "Amy, is alright if we just talk to you for a moment?"

I nodded my head and stood up. "If Chloe's doctor comes out just say I'm talking to her parents quickly." Michael nodded and I turned and walked down the hall with Chloe's parents.

"Chloe's loved you for many years now Amy. It's been obvious for years, I can't tell how you haven't noticed."

Her father said giving me a cold glare. "Oh I've noticed, I've just been thinking for my feelings towards her so neither of us gets hurt."

I said my voice starting to get louder. "Right ok well I'm just going to say this, if you hurt her, I'll kill you and hide your body somewhere nobody will ever find you."

Her father whispered in my ear. I looked at Chloe's mother wide eyed and she just nodded and walked off with her father.

I groaned and headed back to my family plopping myself into the seat between Michael and Luke.