Magical - Chapter 18

So, this is the last chapter of Book I. Book II will start posting in December, so everyone cheer. Woo! 

It is short, but I didnt want to jump into the sequel quite yet, I had a specific ending point and I got there faster than I expected. 

I find this song fits the chapter well :)

Please vote and comment everyone! 

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

I wasn’t sure how it happened, but I fell asleep while flying and horrific nightmares plagued my mind as I slept. I woke to the howling of the wind, cold as we avoided clouds. I was lying against Caius and he was arguing with Septa.

“You have to keep flying! We can’t afford to stop!” Caius shouted at him.

“This could get dangerous!”

“What’s going on?” I shouted.

“We’re being followed. Hold on tight to Alume and grab onto me. We’re going to be doing some evasive maneuvering. Let’s go Septa!” Caius shouted and I didn’t waste any more time with questions. Just as I grabbed on and made sure Alume was secure, we banked hard to the right and started to gain speed as Septa’s wings beat down harder. The wind was pushing us south, though we struggled north and I could feel it slowing us down. I clutched on tighter, letting out a scream as I felt something smash into us from the left. Septa grunted as he tried to keep steady, moving more swiftly and gracefully than I ever had seen him move before. We were hit again, this time from the right and I felt us losing even more altitude.

‘Carina? What’s going on?’ I heard Alume’s voice in my head. He sounded scared.

‘I don’t know for sure. Something’s attacking us!’ I replied back, sounding just as terrified. ‘I’ve got you.’ I assured him.

‘Just make sure I don’t fall…’

We were smashed into again and I felt as we started to drop. It looked like they had rammed his wing and now he was in pain. We fell to the ground fast and I felt him trying to slow as we approached the ground, but he couldn’t steady with his hurt wing.

We hit the ground hard and Septa groaned in pain as he tried to pick himself back up. Caius and I jumped off his back and I held Alume close to me, his head popping out the top of my bag. The ground shook as we were suddenly surrounded by several other dragons, their expressions angry. I had been prepared for any other enemy at our landing, but I knew for a fact that I couldn’t take on another dragon yet, especially four.

They were armored, and all of different colorations. There was a blue, white, green, and a smoky gray. The gray dragon was the first to speak and I was surprised that she was female. “Did you think we wouldn’t find out about this, Septa?”

“I wasn’t aware there would be an issue, Janyi.” Septa growled back, finally getting to his feet.

“You know just as well as we that the Eri is forbidden territory ever since Lekila’s death.” The blue dragon cut in, sounding irritated.

“I believe that Carina is worthy of its power, especially considering that she is Lekila’s descendant and our only hope against the threat of Hiruk.” Septa snapped, sounding angrier than I’d ever heard him before. The other dragons looked taken aback before glancing at me.

“So it’s true then, she’s come through the portal. We weren’t sure if the rumors were true.” Janyi said. She approached me and I backed against Septa as her head snaked closer to mine. I stared back into her eyes, a determined expression on my face. “Well Carina, I assume you understand the risks of the Eri?” She asked and I nodded.

“Of course I do.” I replied simply.

Janyi’s gaze went back to Septa. “Regardless of her accepting the risk, Septa, she must appear in front of the dragon council. They will not allow anyone near Acratia. It’s out of my power to grant you passage.” I looked from Septa to Caius who seemed to be communicating with their eyes.

“What will this mean? What do I have to do?” I asked Janyi. Her gaze slipped back to me, a calm expression crossing her eyes as she considered me.

“You will have to state your plans to the dragon council. They will then decide if you are worthy of going to Acratia to seek the Eri. We cannot allow you any closer to Acratia until you have done this.”

“So we’re basically your prisoners?” Caius asked, his teeth clenched.

“It’s not quite like that.” The green dragon answered, sounding calmer than the rest. “We’ll simply accompany you to the council and then if they do not agree on your quest, then we will escort you back to Pelor, which is where I assume you were?” He asked. I nodded and looked back to Septa, his eyes menacing as he glared at the dragons surrounding us.

“I guess we don’t really have much of a choice,” I finally broke the thick silence. “We’ll have to go to the council and tell them what my plan is.”

“The council isn’t exactly the easiest group to convince of anything, Carina.” Septa informed me. “It’s not going to be a simple speech and then we’re on our way.”

“I understand that, but we’re not going to get anywhere arguing with this group. I don’t see any other option.”

“Carina’s right. It’s the only reasonable option.” Alume added. I looked back to Janyi and cleared my throat.

“To the council then.” I said. I took a deep breath and looked back to my group. I really hoped I knew what I was getting myself into. 

_________________________________________________________

I told you this was short, but you can see where I'm going now, right? I really hope you guys like this story, and I'm already starting on teh sequel so that I can start updating the second the watty awards start for 2012. If i start posting sooner, this story won't be allowed entry, so blame wattpad for that, lol. 

As this story IS in the watty awards, I would really appreciate if you guys would vote for it and show your love! Also, plz comment, especially because I still have no idea what to title the sequel yet :/ 

Thank you everyone! You're all amazing and I love how wonderful all of my readers are! <3 Facebook page in external link! >>>>>>>>