Magical - Chapter 13

I know this isn't as long as you guys want, but I'm going to have trouble making them all long if I want to update fast enough. Writing four stories at the same time is pretty challenging, so please have patience with me :)

Also, my friend Heather and I are writing a joint story, which will be posted on her account. I'll let you know more about that when the time comes.

ANYWAYS : on with the story! I know I left you all with a terrible cliffhanger, and for that I apologize! No cliffhangers here :) ENJOY!

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 13

I had never felt more terrified in my entire life. I could barely see anything around me, the small amount of light barely hinted to where I could be. It was cold, and damp wherever it was. The space was very small and there was an opening that I could barely fit my pinky finger through. I wasn’t sure how I got in, but I was more worried about getting out.

“Carina, descendant of the great Lekila, you honor us with your presence.” A voice rumbled around me. I had to take control of myself to stop from screaming, but the trembling I couldn’t help.

“Who-who is th-there?” I stammered. I hated how much of a coward I was.

“Reklin, spirit guardian of this forest. We were surprised you dared to bring outsiders into our midst. We figured a witch of your power would know better.”

“We’re just trying to get to Pelor. We meant no disrespect to the forest.” The opening began to widen and I quickly crawled out, seeing that I had been inside one of the trees. “Who are you?” I asked, looking around for the source of the voice. I turned and jumped when I saw the tree move and speak to me.

“I am Reklin.” He repeated. One great eye opened and I jumped back with a shriek. “I have heard much about you, young witch. Seen much as well.”

“Seen? What are you talking about?” I asked, standing and brushing myself off and gazing around me. I quickly looked back to Reklin, as all of the other trees were moving and it gave me chills. I felt like they were all watching me, which was odd.

He closed his eye before answering. “I see much, young one. Your path is a dangerous one. You are not prepared for it.”

“You’re telling me…” I muttered, wrapping my arms around myself.

“You have much more to do before you are ready to face Hiruk.” I jumped when  branch wrapped around my wrist and everything went black.

 I felt lightheaded instantly, almost like I was floating and a flurry of images passed through my mind. I saw a beautiful green landscape, abundant in flowers and trees, a large mountain in the distance. There was life everywhere. Suddenly, the land cracked beneath my feet, smoke and fire taking over the land before me. Everything burning, and dying. I could feel the screams of the earth as it was scorched and torn.

Then, a familiar scene fell before me. A great blood-red dragon growling, teeth bared…

I followed the dragon’s gaze to a small figure at the end of a long bridge. Smoke furled around the two, and the beast growled again. Before anything could begin the scene shifted once more to a large crystalline palace surrounded by flowers. There was a crowd of countless people and creatures gathered around something that I couldn’t see. I moved forward, curious…

On a stone slab, surrounded by even more flowers, I lay unmoving. Pale and still. My breath caught in my throat, and I was unable to differentiate my thoughts and feelings. Everything seemed finished and peaceful, but…