Magical - Chapter 14

I know...it's been forever. I'm rly rly rly sorry, but what I'm really sorry for is that it's so short :( But it's really late and night and I have to wake up early tomorrow to get my dad at the airport so yaaaa...ANWAYS, please enjoy, vote, and comment! <3 

This chapter is dedicated to Erica, because I <3 her and her awesome stories, so go check it out! 

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14

I met the others inside the dining hall where they were seated with a much older woman who had a ferret perched on her shoulder, his nose twitching. “Carina, I’m so glad you’ve made it safely to us.” She stood, slightly bent from her crooked back. I could tell time hadn’t been kind to her with her pale shriveled appearance and ghost white hair. However, kindness was apparent in her cerulean blue eyes, which looked younger and more full of life than ever. She hobbled over to me and took my hands in hers with a smile. “Look how big you’ve gotten. I wanted to keep you here with us to raise you, but King Erhol insisted that you would be safer in your mother’s world.”

I cocked my head to the side questioningly. She had known about me too? Also, I didn’t understand why the other world was safer for me than here in Pelor with the most powerful witches and wizards in existence. The confusion must have shown on my face because the old woman patted my shoulder reassuringly and led me to the table into a seat beside hers. Alume jumped into my lap, gazing at the ferret reproachfully.

“I know you have many questions, Carina. I will be happy to answer them after some dinner. I am Queen Adelaide: ruler of Pelor and teacher of young magic users. You can relax for now.”

“How did you get out of there? What happened?” Rayne asked from across the table. Caius had taken the other seat next to me and Galianya was across from him, not even sparing me a glance.

“Yes, we were all very worried. What exactly happened?” Chichi managed to say. I was surprised she decided to speak to me. She hadn’t been speaking to me, and I figured it was because of Galianya. Strange, because I had spent so much time with Chichi…it was almost like a betrayal.

“I met with the spirit guardian of the forest. He just wanted to speak with me.” I didn’t want to expand any more upon the subject. The last thing I wanted was for them to ask about the vision or what I was going to do next. I knew Septa wasn’t going to let it go that easily though…he never did.

I was expecting to be able to speak to Adelaide shortly after dinner, but she disappeared after a coughing fit. Those at dinner shared a worried glance, and I guess I understood. She was very old, and it was clear her health wasn’t at its best.

I took to wandering the palace after dinner. It was late, but there were still many others milling about. Caius had gone off with Galianya to discuss something, while Rayne was busy bugging both Kale and Alexander. I walked with Alume through the hallways and out into the gardens. This was supposed to be a well protected city, so I wasn’t too worried about being outside.

“So, were you really serious about telling Caius how I feel about him?” I asked Alume, looking down to where he was at my feet. He snickered and hopped up onto a tree branch, scratching his claws against the bark. I winced, afraid of the pain of tree.

“If you provoke me enough…” He teased. Then he looked serious. “Carina, I really think you should tell him yourself. I really think you’re misunderstanding his relationship with Galianya.”

“And if I’m right, it would just be embarrassing.”

“Well, don’t settle for the centaur. I really don’t like him.” Alume grumbled and I laughed.