Magical - Chapter 11

I KNOW this one is really super short, but I'm working on chapter 12 right after this, so it's not far behind. I just really wanted to give you guys SOMETHING from here, since I've been favoring Politically Incorrect.

BTW THIS MAKES ME A LITTLE UPSET there's over 1700 reads and like 60 votes on this story. Please vote guys, I'd really appreciate it... I dont see it being worth it if im not getting a positive feedback, you know?

Okay, on with the chapter!

______________________________________________________

Chapter 11

It was another two days of riding before Alexander informed me that we had left the borders of Atra. Alexander had been spending the majority of the trip with me. We had only been talking, but it seemed to have created a gap between Caius and me. I still didn’t understand why he was being so unreasonable. If he had something to say, he needed to come out and say it. Though I suppose I had been rather snippy with him before…

Alume had gotten angry at me for not apologizing. I didn’t see why I would have to, I hadn’t done anything wrong. As my punishment, he refused to ride with me and had taken to riding with Caius. I didn’t see how it was punishment as it was a lot quieter without him constantly bugging me about Alexander and Caius.

James, one of the mercenaries had taken to riding next to me as we rode through the forests of Pelor and told me the stories of the land. Baron, Jack, and Rik stayed at the front, quiet as usual.

“There is a passage that leads to the kingdom of Pelor. Many avoid this pass though it is the quickest way through the mountain range. Otherwise, one would have to fly over or go completely around.” He explained, speaking with his hands. I was completely absorbed by his story. He told his tale dramatically, I was amazed by his story-telling abilities.

“Why do they avoid the pass?” I asked, my eyes wide. I felt like a little girl during story time. He chuckled at my enthusiasm.

“You see Carina, this pass has a curse on it.”

“A curse?” I exclaimed, my eyes widening. “Then why in the world are we heading toward it?” James laughed and I heard Alexander laugh from behind me. “It’s not funny! That just seems like we’re asking for trouble!”

“Let me finish, Carina.” James tried to control his chuckling. “The pass was cursed long ago when a wizard was murdered while guarding the kingdom of Pelor. He died protecting the city from invasion and in his last breath he cursed the forest spirits to attack any who tried to pass through to the city.”

“Well, that’s fantastic.” I grumbled, sarcastically.

“Exactly. It’s more trouble than good now.” James snorted.

“So, we have to get past the murderous trees? Isn’t there another way around?” I asked, looking around. Everyone chuckled and I scowled. I didn’t like to be laughed at.

“Unfortunately, Pelor was built on the other side of a mountain range that curves around it. The mountain pass was destroyed years ago by an avalanche and going around could take a month on its own. The fastest way is through the pass.” Caius explained, moving over to me.

“How exactly do you think we’re going to get through there safely?” I threw at him.

“Well, we have two different plans.” I heard Alexander from behind me.

“You are our first plan.” Kale interrupted, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

“Me?” I squeaked. “What the hell am I supposed to do?”