Magical - Chapter 15

Yeah...it's not that long. I apologize. I think something I ate yesterday made me sicckkkk. Anyway, I wanted to give u all something, so here it is :)

This chapter is dedicated to my cat, Austin, whom Alume is based off of. He disappeared about 2 months ago, and I really really miss him. His picture is on the side. <3 

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 15

I had more nightmares that night.

To be honest, I couldn’t completely remember them when I woke up, but I could recall fire and bright red eyes. Waking up in strange places, I was used to by now though. Alume was asleep on the pillow next to me and it was still dark out when I woke up, the sun just barely peeking over the horizon. I freshened up and changed before taking a walk through the quiet palace. Guards gave me odd looks as I passed, but didn’t say anything.

It felt strange, how at home I felt in this world. Far more at home than when I was back in the world I knew. Sure, here I was terrified and worried and confused…but there was that small warm feeling somewhere deep inside me. Something that told me this was where I belonged. It made sense with how out of place I felt back with my mother. And now that I had this connection with magic, and the knowledge of how much more there was…there was no way I could ever go back. There was no way I would ever want to go back.

Of course, that all depended on if I even survived through this ordeal.

“Carina? What are you doing up so early?” Kale was just ahead of me. Lost in my own thoughts I hadn’t even realized I had almost walked right into him.

“Just taking a walk.” I said with a shrug. He smirked.

“Well, mind if I walk with you? We could maybe steal away to some dark empty room.” he said with a wag of his eyebrows. I shrugged again and his smirk faded. “It’s no fun teasing you when you’re indifferent.” He sulked and that made me laugh.

“I’m sorry Kale. I suppose I’m just a little distracted. Lady Adelaide and Septa both want to have me learning new spells and reading up on some more magic practice techniques or something like that.”

“I don’t blame you for being distracted then. I suppose a lot of us don’t take into account just how much you’re taking on at once, especially for someone so young.”

“I just wish there was more time.”

“That’s what everyone wishes for Carina. More time for everything. Time to do this, time to finish that. Unfortunately, that’s the one thing that we never have enough of, even though time is endless.” I didn’t reply. I was taking in what he said. “Have you been having more nightmares? Alexander said you have a lot of those.”

“I guess nobody really minds sharing my business with one-another.” I grumbled with an eye roll.

“It’s not that!” Kale suddenly looked shocked, waving his hands. “We just all worry about you.”

“I know…I guess there’s just so much on my plate everything tends to irritate me nowadays. Don’t read too much into my snippy attitude. I’m just blaming it on not sleeping well and too much stress.” I yelped when Kale picked me up and held me against his chest in a tight embrace. I relaxed into it and let out a long breath. I felt a soft kiss on my cheek before he set me back on the ground.

“Just know you’re not alone.” He said with a wink. I smiled and we continued our walk.

After breakfast I went in search of Septa. I was told he was waiting outside and I headed in that direction. I looked out the windows and frowned at the clouds rolling in. When I got out to the terrace, my eyes widened at the scene before me. Caius, Septa, and Galianya arguing heatedly.