Magical - Chapter 16

So, see! I promised on my FB fanpage that I would update by Saturday and I did before that time! BTW, if u havent gone on my fanpage just click the external link, okie dokes? 

This is dedicated to Athena7229, for all her wonderful support on this story :)

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER: READ IT. 

Okay, on with the story. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 16

I was sitting in the library when I felt it. It had been a little while since the last set of rumbling, but here it was far worse. It shook me straight to my core, and I jumped up from my seat. I ran out into the hall and met with Alexander who was making his rounds. He gave me a worried glance.

“You felt that too?” I asked him and he nodded. When I had asked Septa, he said only magic users had really been feeling the rumbling before. It worried me that now, others could feel it. This meant one thing: we were running out of time.

Another thunder shook the palace and I actually felt myself thrown off balance. Alexander caught me and we shared a glance. “This can’t be good.” He said, and I snorted.

“That’s the understatement of the century.” I started off down the hall, heading to where I thought Adelaide might be. I heard Alexander’s hooves trotting right behind me. Galianya was suddenly at my side, Chichi on her shoulder.

“Something’s wrong.” She said and I rolled my eyes. She said it like I hadn’t already realized this. I felt Alume’s presence suddenly and looked down to see him at my feet. We burst into the parlor where Adelaide had been spending the majority of her time now. She didn’t really like moving around because of her deteriorating health. When I looked at her, sitting back and sipping a cup of tea, I felt instantly drained. Just watching her condition made me feel tired.

“Lady Adelaide…” Galianya started and she held up a hand to stop us. She took another sip of tea and gently rested it on the table. She took a deep breath and gestured for us to come in and close the door. We obliged and took seats, except Alexander who stood awkwardly at the door. Alume jumped into my lap and Chichi rested in the crook of Galianya’s neck.

“You’re all looking for answers that I don’t have.” She said quietly, looking between Galianya and me. “Unfortunately, I only have a few thoughts and guesses on what exactly is happening.”

“Well, it’s obvious isn’t it? Hiruk is closer to breaking free!” I exclaimed and Galianya gave me a glare for interrupting. Adelaide gave me a half smile.

“That’s what I believe. Before, the rumbling we felt was only shared with other magic users. As witches we can usually sense when magic is being used…”

“But that’s only when it’s being used around us.” Galianya said, looking confused.

“Well, whatever it is Hiruk is doing is very strong magic. It’s no wonder we can feel it from so far away.” Adelaide explained, taking another sip of her tea. “The important thing is that we keep moving forward and preparing. That’s really the most we can do for now.”

“That’s all you have?” I asked, and I felt Alume nip me for being rude.

“Carina,” he hissed.

“No, it’s all right Alume. She has every right to be upset that there are no answers. Carina, I understand that you have a lot on your shoulders. However, I cannot answer you, when I don’t know for sure.” She gave me an apologetic smile before looking back down to her tea. We took that as a sign to leave.