Sulu

You were at work, now exhausted from the day. Your boyfriend, Hikaru Sulu, must have known you were tired. He talked to the captain and managed to swing both of you having the rest of the day off.

You walked to Hikaru's quarters, nearly just collapsing onto his bed. "Tired?" He asked, smiling. You nod and rub your eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Super tired." You say, wanting to just curl up in his arms and cuddle with him.

"I've got something that might cheer you up.." Hikaru muttered, reaching into his back pocket. He pulled out a plain ring with paper in it. He got down onto one knee. "Y/N, this is a special marriage proposal. Everything I want to say is in the paper, it's a love note to you. And you get to pick out your own ring, but will you marry me?"

You burst into tears, burying your face in your hands. Hikaru leapt up and pulled you close, rubbing your back.

"Hikaru.." You murmur, looking at the ring he was still holding.

"Is the answer no? Did I upset you?" Hikaru asked, holding you close. You shook your head.

"The answer is yes. I just can't believe.." You mutter, covering your mouth with your hands. You carefully took the ring from him and smiled. "I-uh- I should go."

You kissed his cheek and ran out, unable to fully function. You got to your quarters and locked the door, sinking to the floor with your back to it. Shaking, you fumbled the note from the ring and began reading.

Y/N,
The moment I met you I knew you were perfect for me. I love every little thing about you, nothing truly bothers me. Of course there are little quirks, but everything else overrules them by far. I've loved you since a first saw you almost eight years ago at the academy and that love carried to now and will forever. I hope you accept my marriage proposal, that would forever make me happy to know you would always be there. Love you Y/N, more than I can ever attempt to express.

~~Hikaru Sulu~~

You cried more, all for happiness. Hikaru really wanted to marry you, he though this out well. You curled up on the floor, almost oblivious of everything until Hikaru entered your quarters, unlocking the door with his code.

"You okay?" He asked, noticing you on the floor.

"Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes." You say, pulling him into a tight hug. He held you close, kissing your temple, a wide smile on his face.

"Can't wait for you to become Mrs. Sulu."

"And I can't wait to be Mrs. Sulu." You add, pulling him into a long kiss.

~~~

Dedicated to JustALittleTrekkie