Chekov

Some light coughing woke Pavel Chekov up from a deep sleep. His wife, Y/N, would be working late tonight, so he had to watch their newborn son, Justin. You had picked the name, Pavel didn't really care. All he cared about was his newborn son happily sleeping in your arms.

He dragged himself out of bed and walked over to the makeshift crib. Justin was born early so you and Pavel didn't have time to get a crib. But, he was a happy and healthy baby.

Pavel turned the lights up a little bit and picked up the small baby. He rocked him back and forth in his arms, trying to calm the coughing. It wasn't helping and Justin felt warm.

"What can I do with you?" Pavel asked, laughing as he held the tiny baby closer. "Are you sick?"

Pavel walked around the room several times, bouncing Justin in his arms, talking to himself. Justin felt as though he was getting warmer, maybe Pavel should take him to sickbay.

After a couple of hours of light coughing and occasional coughing fits, Pavel took him to the sickbay.

Doctor McCoy was used to seeing sick babies, but a panicking twenty one year old and a sick baby was new. Pavel was starting to panic a little more than usual, Justin was having difficulty breathing.

McCoy just hooked him up to a machine, ran some tests, and diagnosed it was a cold. Just a normal cold. Pavel sighed with relief and smiled at Justin.

Justin placed his hand on Pavel's hand, causing both of them to smile. Pavel lifted Justin up, smiling the entire time at the happy baby. He had been given medicine to make the coughing stop and the fever go down.

When they got back to Pavel's and yours quarters, Justin was put back in his crib, which caused much protest. Pavel picked him back up and he was quiet in a second.

"Why not." Pavel muttered, laying down on the bed. Justin lay stomach down on Pavel's chest, gripping the loose T-shirt he was wearing. "Love you Justin." He added, kissing the top of Justin's head. He fell asleep a few minutes later, Justin still on his chest.

You got back to your quarters at 5:00 AM. Your husband, Pavel, was sleeping with your newborn son on his chest. As careful as you could, you changed and crawled into bed. Pavel woke up despite how careful you were being. He had the morning off, so he could sleep in.

"Sorry." You whisper, laying down. He reached one arm out and wrapped it around you, pulling you close. You put one arm around him and the other on Justin's back.

"Don't be. I'm glad you're here." Pavel mumbled, kissing you softly.

"I'm glad to be here." You answer, yawning. Pavel held you close, careful of Justin.

"Sleep well." He muttered, drifting off.

"You too." You say, falling asleep shortly after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry updates are slowing down.