Kirk

Okay, this is the last call for requests. They will be closed for a little while after I have surgery and I probably won't be writing much. I'll be dizzy and tired, so I most likely won't write. Any request, nows the time. After surgery school starts so I'll have even less time then.

"Crap." You mutter, holding a positive pregnancy test. Not that you weren't thrilled to be having a baby, you just didn't want to go through it alone.

Your boyfriend, Jim, had just left for a five year mission aboard the Enterprise. He was snuck on before, but now he was captain. He left two days ago. You knew for sure he was the father.

Months went by through the pregnancy. It was hard to be alone. A couple of your closest friends had helped you through this, and your baby was due tomorrow. It was a girl. Jim would miss so much of her life, you felt bad for him.

When your daughter, Madelyn, was born you were the happiest you could ever be. She was so tiny and gorgeous. She looked a lot like Jim, same eyes and same hair.

Raising a child as a single mother is hard. You had to go through all the late nights, the terrible two's, talking, walking, crawling, etc. Jim had no idea about her at all. Madelyn was now three, which meant Jim was going to be back in about a year.

"Mommy?" Madelyn asked, interrupting your thoughts. "Where's my daddy?"

It was a question she asked everyday. You tried explaining the best you could.

"You're dad is a starship captain. He won't be home for a while." You would always say. Madelyn would always nod and give you a big hug.

"You miss him don't you." She's mutter while hugging you. You'd just nod and hug her back.

Today was the day you'd been dreading and hoping for. Jim was coming home from the five year mission. Five years without him. So much had changed, Madelyn being one thing.

Jim messaged you saying he'd be home in five minutes. Madelyn was asleep so you'd have time to talk to him. You paced back and forth, palms sweaty.

There was a knock at the door. Jim walked in, a huge grin on his face. You ran up to him and hugged him, tears running down your face. "I missed you so much!" You exclaim, trying to keep your voice down. You didn't want to wake Madelyn.

"I missed you too. What's with all the kid stuff, are you baby sitting?" Jim asked, his face questioning.

"Yeah, about that." You mutter, leading him to the couch to sit.

"Did you cheat on me with someone and get pregnant from it?" Jim asked, anger in his voice.

"No!" You exclaim, grabbing his hands. "The kid is yours. You're the father."

Jim's face froze. He sat further back into the couch. He put his head in his hands and sat like that. "Seriously?" He muttered.

"I'm serious." You say, rubbing his back. "Do you want something to drink or eat?"

"No, no I'm fine." Jim muttered. "I'm just shocked."

"Well, you have a daughter. I named her Madelyn. Madelyn Rose Kirk." You say, smiling. Jim smiled and kissed you.

"Can I see her, or is she sleeping?" Jim asked, looking around at the kid stuff. "She's four right?"

You nod and hold his hand to Madelyn's room. You open the door. Madelyn was asleep on her bed, a stuffed animal tucked under her arm.

"Madelyn," you whisper shaking her. "Madelyn, your dads here."

She opened one of her eyes curiously. She then sat up and looked over at Jim, her eyes wide. "He's my daddy!" She yelled, I wide smile forming on her face. You nod.

Madelyn jumped off the bed and ran over to Jim. She gave him a big hug and started to tell him everything that she did that day. After about twenty minutes, she started to get tired again.

Yawning, she started to fall asleep next to Jim. "Do you want to go to bed?" Jim suggested, hugging her. He hadn't stopped smiling since they met.

"No, I want to stay with you and Mommy." She muttered, almost asleep. You look over at Jim and shrug.

Ten minutes later all three of you were in bed. Madelyn was already fast asleep between you two. The same stuffed animal tucked under her arm. "I really missed you." Jim whispered to you.

"I missed you too. I'm glad your back." You whisper, carefully leaning over to kiss him. It felt good to have him back.