McCoy

"Honestly, how do you think she's going to react?" You ask your fiancé, Leonard. The two of you were going to tell his daughter from his previous marriage, Joanna, that you two were engaged.

"I think Joanna'll be shocked. She's never truly gotten over the divorce. Her mother and I had her before we really knew what we were doing. Sure, we were twenty two, but we weren't married and we thought we were in love. We got married when we found out she was pregnant. Once Joanna was born, things went far down hill. We started fighting, which ended in divorce." Leonard said, fidgeting with his hands.

"I'm sure she'll be okay. She's twelve." You ensure, trying to calm his nerves.

Joanna's mother had dropped her off at an ice cream shop where you and Leonard would meet her. She sat down, already eating a sundae when the two of you came.

"Dad!" She yelled, giving Leonard a hug.

"Hey there sweetie!" Leonard said, hugging her. "You remember Y/N." He added when she stopped hugging him.

"Good to see you again." Joanna said, smiling at you.

"You too." You say, smiling back. All three of you sat back down and got some more ice cream.

"So, Joanna, Y/N and I have some news." Leonard started, holding your hand. Joanna looked up, confused.

"We're getting married." You say smiling to her. Joanna covered her mouth and screamed a happy scream.

"YAY!" She yelled, hugging both you and Leonard. "Will I get to be a big sister someday?!" She asked, joy on her face.

"Maybe. Hopefully." Leonard said, giving her a hug.

"How did you propose?" Joanna asked , sitting back down. That was only the beginning of the long marathon of questions.

One year later, Joanna did get to be a big sister. She had a little brother, whom she loved and always wanted to babysit. You and Leonard had no complaints their.

She was sad when the two of you left again for the five year mission, but wanted lots of pictures of the baby as he grew and any other babies there might be. She was right about that.

You and Leonard were shocked at how well Joanna was taking this. Her dad getting remarried, getting more siblings. She took it quite well.

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you JustALittleTrekkie  for giving me the idea. And this is also for @TheGameIsOn97 who wanted a Bones one. Hope you enjoyed!