Chapter 25

Christmas was a very good day. Just about all of Annas family came round and Anna broke the news to everyone and I got a lot of hugs. A downside of the happy celebration was the fact that all of Annas siblings and just about all of Annas cousins mentioned Alicia in some way. Which, made me a little sad, obviously. But, it was a great day.

We decided to book our flight for the 28th. Hoping that Kath wouldn't mind and or call the police. But, what comes after that? I mean, legally now I can live with Anna without going through the adoption process. But, Kath. Would she have a say in what goes? Or would I get the choice? Or would it be between Kath and Anna? Either way, I want to live with Anna. I would be respected there.

"Bye Maia!" Eloise says as she leaves. I honestly don't get why she's so enthusiastic. We've met before. She saw me brake my arm which I get off soon.

"Bye Eloise." I politely say.

"So Maia. Wanna go shopping?" Anna asks. "It's the 26th. Everything I'll be on sale!"

"I don't have any money here..." I sigh.

"Well I do. Get you cute butt in the car." Anna says as I leave. "Can I borrow the car mom?"

"Go for it." Janice says.

Because it's Boxing Day there's mad sales. Anna brings $300 on the trip, spends it all on clothes and makeup. I don't blame her, she got me a couple hundred dollars worth of socks alone. The were going dirt cheap at urban outfitters. But all I was thinking about was Kath.

When we got home, Janice mentioned that the police had called looking for Anna. Kath had called the police on Anna. I hope that her being my biological mom would smooth things over, but we need to go home. We called the flight company to reschedule our flight for the early morning on the 27th. Anna responded via email that her flight would land at 9:30 ish.

Anna gently pulls me up to our room and without saying anything she tells me to pack. In a quick 3 minute, Anna stops, pushes some clothes off the bed and sits there. She puts he head in her hands and starts to quietly sob. I sit next to her and put my arm round her, no reaction. I kiss her head, no reaction. I soon decide to just give her some time, so as soon as the door is shut, she cries, and she cried, and she cries.

I swiftly run downstairs and tell her mom what's happening and she belts it upstairs to our room and gives Anna a big hug, along with words of encouragement like "you've done nothing wrong." I soon hear Anna shout.

"But I did do something wrong! I didn't get Kathleen's permission and she has every right to get me arrested! The only reason I took Maia here is because I wanted her to have a good Christmas and meet my family. I know it was the wrong thing to do, but I had to do it!"

I walk in. Anna, still weeping, opens her arms. I run into them and say "I'm sorry." She hugs me tighter.

We decide to sleep at around 7 so we aren't tired when we have to wake up at stupid o'clock. We manage to pull ourselves out of bed at 3 am and straight away getting dressed straight away, followed by an English breakfast to keep us going for god knows how long. Before we know it, we're out of the house.

The trip home is long. It took us 2 hours to get past security and then 6 hours to fly. So we landed at 10am. And managed to get home at 10:45.

I get out of the car, leaving Anna. I knock on the door to be greeted by a policeman.

"You said you'd be here be here at 9:30." The man says.

"That wasn't me. It's air travel, what do you expect." I reply sassily.

"Where's Anna.?"

"In the car." I say as he pushes me out of the way and straight to the car.

"Do you know how worried we've been for Maia's safety?! We thought you'd killed her!" The officer shouts.

"Why would I do that, she's my daughter!" Anna screams.

"That's what you might like to call her but she's only your student!"

"No, I had it DNA tested. She's my daughter."

"Well that changes the whole situation!" The officer tries to sound angry, but can't.

"Wait, what?" Kath shouts. "You're the one Stephen knocked up? Jeez he could so way better..."

"So, what now? Is Anna in trouble?" I ask.

"Well, seeing as she is a celebrity," Anna whips her hair and mimes 'oh stop it.'" We would have to be careful before the media attack her. However, this is chargeable as kidnapping, but Maia if you're a witness and you say what you know she should get out of any arrest."

"That's a relief." I say.

A/N: Sorry

Major writers block, but this chapter helps move the story along a little. Bug me to update over on my Instagram (annakendrickgallery) and that'll remind me to write. Also, plots are appreciated.

Love you.

~Mackenzie💕 (AnnakendrickAldc)