Chapter 24

Christmas Eve and it's been 2 months since we got the news that Anna and I aren't related, and I can tell she's still butt hurt about it. I've been gaining followers on Instagram and Twitter like its no body's business and Anna has, like always. The news has contacted me countless times and from all this Kath has been just getting richer and richer and caring less and less.

My phone rings and its Anna. I pick up as she squeals.

"ITS CHRISTMAS EVE!!!" She screams.
"Congrats Sherlock." I say. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"I'm off to Maine with my billions of family but it won't be the same without you." She confesses.

"Well, I have to spend it with my lonely ass aunt... I wanna be with you :("

"Why can't you?" She asks. "I could book you a plane ticket. Oh Maia it would be amazing!"

"Kath wouldn't let me... I could sneak out! I'll leave a note saying I've gone, it will be fine!"

"I'm having none of that. Do you remember how much trouble I got in last time?!" Anna implies.

"True. You know, Kath probably doesn't even know it's Christmas. How about I ask if I could go to yours for a few days?"

"Try it!"

"I will. Call you back on a few." I say as we end the call. Slowly and calmly I walk downstairs and enter the sitting room.

"Hey, Kath?" I ask. She turns her head. "I was wondering if I could spend a few days at Annas? She says she has some extra school work she wants to go over."

"Sure. Take all the time." She replies. As I run upstairs I hear her say 'I'd much rather spend Christmas alone anyway...' But she said it without a sarcastic tone so I'm good.

I immediately call Anna back and tell her the news as she explains her flight is I'm 4 hours, she would get me a plane ticket and call her parents to tell the, I'm coming whilst all I do is pack.

The time swiftly approaches where we have to leave and Anna bravely pulls up outside to carry my suitcase and carry-on into her car. As she knocks on the door Kath screams for me and she clearly hates Anna for getting her in trouble.

"You ready pumpkin?" Anna asks I love put my seatbelt on.

"Yup, let's do it!"

A bit later on at the airport, our flight is delayed so we have more time to chat about things.

"So, Georgia and Eloise will be there." Anna says. "You remember them?"

"Vividly. Who else?"

"Well, get ready for this, I have 4 brothers, 3 sisters, 17 cousins and two parents. My brothers are Michael, James, Mathew and Lewis, my sisters are Eloise, Georgia and Maddison, my cousins are Callum, Jade, Ester, Nathan, Hannah, Jonah, Guy, Hamish, Mia, Rebecca, Emma, Layla, Jessica, Allison, Joseph, Riley, Victoria, Katie and Ed. Just Ed." She rants

"Big family, huh?" I add.

"But I doubt all 17 cousins are there. I think it will be me, Michael, Mathew, James, Lewis, Eloise, Maddison, Georgia, Jade, Jonah, Mia, Joseph, Riley and probably Ed." she adds.

"So that's... ... ... 17 people there?!" I exclaim.

"Good luck darling." She says as we board out plane to Maine.

"Wait, I thought you said you came from England, and everyone moved back?" I ask suspiciously.

"My dad got a job (at his age, I know) and they moved back to Maine and they basically live in a mansion." She adds.