Chapter 9

Friday morning came quick. Thursday evening was fun. We went to a really cute cafe downtown and ate the most delicious doughnuts! They were rate nice.

But the whole time, I actually thought she was my mom. The fact she was wiping food off my face, looking at me different, being jokey but caring at the same time, made me wonder if that's what having a mom was really like.

"Hey munch," Anna says as she opens my door. "I have a very fun day planned."

"I immediately shoot out of bed and grab my clothes and I say softly "if I could just have a minute,"

"Of course you may." She says as she closes the door. I quickly take my pyjamas off and put my bra on and stare out the window. As I put my t shirt on I see the clearest, brightest and bluest sky I have ever seen.

"I decided to do something more extravagant then just tie my hair up in a pony tail, so I decide to French braid it with a ribbon. Once I'm done I put on a little bit of mascara and loosen my hair and smile in the mirror. Life's getting better, I mutter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You ready yet Maia? I've made pancakes!" Anna shouts from the kitchen. I shoot out of my room and race downstairs.

"Yep! Just hang on!"

As I arrive Anna is serving a pancake onto a plate from Ikea. "So, do you want syrup or Nutella?" Anna asks.

"Nutella please."

"Ok honey here you go." Anna passes me a tub of Nutella and the plate along with cutlery.

"It's very good!" I say as I take a bite.

"Thank you. It's my moms recipe."

"Well next time you see her, tell her that these are the best pancakes I have ever had."

"And I'm sure she would appreciate it."

"So, what are we doing today?" I ask politely.

"Well, I was thinking we could..."

A/N: so it's short, sorry. This week, I will be binge writing because I'm going on holiday for two weeks on Saturday 15th so I'm storing up, 4, maybe 5 chapters for that, so I'm posting one this week, hopefully, and then a few over the next fortnight. Sound good?