Chapter 13

"1 adult and 1 child please." Anna says to the cashier.

"Ok, that will be $20.50 please. 12.50 for you and 8 for the kid."

"Ok." Anna says as she pulls the money out of her purse.

"Head to the left and you'll get your harnesses on." The man says as he points to a metal gate with a lady who looks a lot like Anna, just younger.

"Ok thank you."

As me and Anna are heading towards the gate and she is finding a spot that her purse will fit into she looks up and stops walking with a wide-eyed look on her face.

"Anna." I say as I shake her. "Anna!" I keep saying but she never moves.

"Anna!" That girl says excitedly as she runs over with her arms out to hug Anna.

"Eloise!" Now they're hugging, Anna still in shock. "What are you doing here? I thought you were in England with Jonathan and Mol!

"Well, you know my friend Lottie," Anna nods," she got a job here and wondered if I wanted to come over to Louisianna and stay with her for a month or 2 and I agreed! I thought you'd moved to Maine for a new job?"

"I was, but I found new work here with the same pay." And there's a bit of awkward silence until Anna breaks it. "Oh Eloise, this is Maia. My homeschool client right now."

"Hi. So tell me a bit about yourself." Eloise asks.

"Well, no long ago my dad and sister died so I moved in with my crummy aunt but I spend most of my time with Anna which is the way I like it. It takes my mind of things. And we're here on a trip. What about you?

"Bummer kid." I shrug." I am Anna's younger sister, by what, 4 years, and I have lived in England since I was 13 or 14 ish. I moved back here recently now I'm 25."

"Cool." I say as I nod positively. Until there's a short silence.

"Hey, Georgia's on spring break in a week. You've gotta come to my place and see her." Anna says.

"I'd love to! Text me the details later. We need to get you harnessed up!" Elosie says as she opens the gate, finally.

A/N: thanks for 1k reads! Tell me, are you enjoying this book? What would you like to see? Maia making friends? More Kath? Tell me I need it...