Chapter 6

I've been thinking very hard about what Anna said, when we first met. I, fairly confident that Anna said that she basically had kids. I swear on my fathers grave. I can never seem to get her to talk about it, but I feel like I know her from somewhere.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"Hey Anna!" I say walking towards her car before school. Today will be the day I work up the courage to ask her about her possible children. I just need to know. But I don't know how...

"Hey Maia, you seem eager!"

"I'm just really excited for out trip to the medicine museum!"

"Is that today? I thought I said tomorrow?"

"Really?" I say with a disappointed look on my face, "I was really looking forward to finding out more about childbirth and mothers. I've never had a mom so I'd really like to know more about them."

"Well, we'll go tomorrow. I can teach you about that today, if you'd like."

"I would really like that Anna." I say, in hope that later she might slip in a fact she's had kids so I can ask questions.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"So, childbirth is known to be as painful as being set on fire." Anna says, here's my cache to say something, but she does it herself. "And it really is painful." Sh continues.

"How would you know it's that painful?" I ask as she looks almost scared.

"I just get the feeling. Ok?" At this point, she crosses her arms, drops her head and turns to face the corner.

"Anna, I didn't mean to upset you, I just umm..."

"You just what? She turns around with red eyes and looks so peaceful and calm I feel like I can ask these questions.

"I just wondered if you've ever had kids. You don't have to answer, if you don't want to." I don't want to upset my best friend.

"Please, don't say to much about this topic though. I get really emotional when I remember the day I had to give up my little girls." She is now crying. Out of comfort, I move next to her to give her a hug.

"Anna, I never knew."

"Now I've started the story, I have to finish."

"Please, I don't want to upset you more. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"No, Maia. I have to. I was only 16. My boyfriend left me once he found out, and my parents weren't happy. I went through the pregnancy and didn't go to school out of embarrassment. I found out they were twins and nearly fainted. But u was happy I was going to have two little princesses. Once the time came, I gave birth normally and then my mom, without telling me, took them and gave them to the dad to look after. Who was 20 and had got a good job and a lot of money. I never saw them again and it's been 13 years. I miss them more than anything and I only saw them once."

"Anna I never knew. I'm so sorry. But you know, I'm a 13 year old motherless twin."

"Maia, I'm sorry. It cannot possibly be. I lived in Ohio. Not California. And I know my boyfriend didn't have enough money to move States."

"That's quite true. So should we continue, or move on to geography?"

" I think we should move on and leave this subject for the museum."

"So, English landscape?" I say jokingly, trying my best to lighten the mood.

"Flat land in places, but mountainous in others!" She says, smiling.

"I do think you might be my mom. Even if you're not, I'd like to think you are."

"And I do hope you're my daughter. Just I can't think it's true, Maia."

A/N: do you think I jumped a bit? It's chapter what, 6, and were this far into the story... And don't ask if Anna's Maia's mom, I've not decided yet.