Chapter 16

"That's a great idea!" Anna and I say at the same time. She glares at me.

"Let's do it now!" Anna promptly says.

"Well, I have to book you an appointment. I'll just go check now but you picked the wrong week to have this done." Samantha replies and walks off the front desk.

I move over to the seat next to Anna's and gives her a great big hug. She kisses my head and strokes my long brown hair. I gently pull away after a long time as Anna reaches into her pocket and pulls out a black sharpie to sign my coral pink cast. She writes 'Anna' in bold messy handwriting then underneath she writes 'your mom whatever' which made me cry, not gonna lie.

"Ok, so. It's currently Friday," Samantha says. "And the next time we can fit you in is Sunday at 10 am."

"Perfect I think anyway. My shift starts at 10:30, is that enough time?" Anna replies.

"That's perfect, Anna."

"So, can I go home now that my arms plastered?" I ask like a typical teenager.

"You're free to go now Maia. See you soon." Samantha says.

"Bye Samantha." I say as I walk out of the door with my one good arm around Anna and my other arm in a sling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrive home we see that two figures are sitting on our doorstep. We close in and we look to see if it's Kamryn and Aiden. But it doesn't look like them.

As we close in closer we notice that it's an old lady and a middle aged man wearing all black with a chunky jacket.

As we get even closer, we both notice it's Kath and a police officer. Anna slows down and looks at me.

"You did tell Kathleen you were coming with me today?" Anna asks me. I look very guilty. "Maia!" She shouts. "Calm down Anna. Don't get angry. You'll look like you've abused the poor thing and get arrested. Calm down." She says over and over again.

As we pull into the drive the officer comes to Anna's window and Kath opens my door and yanks me out before noticing my arm.

"What happened Maia?! Was is Anna? She's going to get fired!" Kath says sternly.

"No Kath it was my own clumsiness and I fell please don't fire her! She helped me and stopped me from getting a concussion! I'll explain everything later just please stop her from trouble!" I argue.

"Ok I will. Come with me." She says as she pulls me to the other window.

"Kathleen. This young lady claiming the name of Anna Kendrick, age 30 born August 9th is saying that she took Maia Cole aged 13 born July 15th to Go ape round the woods. Anything else Anna?" The officer says.

"About her arm. It wasn't me. At go ape she missed the jump and her harness wasn't secured and she fell and landed on her arm. I ran to her and cupped her head so she didn't get a concussion. She told me she had informed Kathleen we would be out all day but apparently she didn't." Anna says with tears down her face in fear.

"That is what Maia just told me. And Maia never lies." Kath agrees.

"Right I'm going to hop into my can and get a drug and alcohol test just to make sure and you will be good to go." The officer says as Anna climbs out if the car.

"She breaths into the alcohol test and comes out 100% sober. She pees in a cup and is completely clean.

"Ok as long as Kathleen is fine with it no charges will be pressed and we will leave this case." The officer states.

"Fine with me." Kath agrees.

"I'll be off as you work through things among yourself. Have a nice evening."

"Goodbye officer."

We go inside Anna's house and sit down and clear everything up with Kath.

"You're getting a DNA test?" Kath says surprised.

"Just to be sure." I reply.

A/N: the picture at the start is a better image of what the signature might look like. Do you think Anna will be related to Maia? Or do you think she won't? Tell me. And if this gets 10 votes + 5 comments by tonight I'll post chapter 17 tomorrow.

Love you awesome nerds <3