Chapter 23

The morning rolled around fast, but I couldn't stop thinking of Kath. She was probably worried sick and extremely mad at Anna. At about 9am I text Kath saying that I'm coming home in a few. She has a rant about how she almost called the police. If she was smart then she would have called the police in the first place and checked at Anna's. Stupid.

"Hey Anna? I think I should be going." I say softly.

"Ok, get in the car, I'll be there in a few."

We climb into her car and she sets off on the short 10 minute drive back home. I tell Anna about what Kath has told me and I finish be telling her to drop me off at the top of the road so Kath doesn't murder her. She nods and we carry on driving.

"See you when, Wednesday?" She asks as I leave.

"I'll text you when to pick me up, but pick me up at this spot again." I reply.

"Good luck kiddo."

--------------

I walk through the door to find Kath there. I was expecting a hug, but instead I got a slap. A hard one. On the cheek.

"You think it was funny that you stayed at your stupid tutors house for 5 days?!" She asks as he slaps me again. "You could have got me in serious trouble for loosing you. If I was your parent, fine. But seeing as I'm just your adopted parent, it's crucial your safe." She hits me again. "Go to your room you pig." She says finally as she gives me a black eye. I run upstairs and slam the door. My eyes meet with the mirror to reveal cuts and bruises on my cheeks.

---------------

Anna's POV

I can't believe how much trouble I might have gotten me and Maia into. I feel so bad. But I can't go anywhere near the house or else Kathleen will have my head.

My phone bleeps. It's a message from Georgia.

Text conversation

Georgia: Are we still up for next week?
Anna: Yeah. If you don't mind a 13 year old sticking round with us.
Georgia: That's fine duck. I'll have a little bit of coursework I need to finish.
Anna: That'll give your lazy ass something to do ;)
Georgia: Bye Anna. Say hi to Maya from me.
Anna: Its Maia and kk.
Georgia: Really? It's not pronounced Maia.
Anna: Strange huh.

I put my phone on the kitchen counter top and walk into the office. I check all the different news sites that are often interested in me, mainly cosmopolitan, BBC and abc, and all of them had video footage of me and Maia at the hospital. They mentioned that we were taking a DNA test and mentioned that it came out negative. I grab my phone and text Maia about it. She replies instantly with excitement. I'm glad she's happy.

Maia's POV

I'm not happy. First I get beaten up by my aunt, then j get a text saying that I'm on the news?! That's the last thing I wanted. I was expecting there to be an article, but not a whole video segment! They're gonna want me and Anna to come in and talk about deep stuff like 'how disappointed we were' or 'how life is now'. Just what I wanted.

Seeing as I have nothing to do I decide to scroll through Facebook. All the posts are of me and Anna. I check Twitter. All the posts are of me and Anna. There's even a hashtag trending. I screen shot everything and sent them to Anna. She told me that paparazzi were outside her house and she couldn't escape. My phone rings and its Anna. I answer and she's crying.

"Hey Anna, what's up?" I ask calmly.

"THERES FLIPPIN PAPARAZZI AT MY DOOR HELP ME!" She screams.

"Calm down! They could hear you! Where are they now? Can you turn the lights off and get upstairs?"

"They're outside the lounge window and the lights are off. I'm scared Maia!"

"Well they're not gonna come inside. Call the police then go hide in your wardrobe."

"Will do. Call you in a few ok?"

"Yes. Now go hide!" I insist.

I never thought of Anna getting bombarded with paparazzi...

A/N: I tried my absolute hardest to make it as long as possible. I don't like it when you complain about the chapters aren't very long, I know they aren't. I'm trying, but I'm v busy. What do you think about sticking some POV in? I'm usually against it but it gives me more to write about. LY all

- AnnaKendrickALDC Kenzie x