Chapter 21

".. There is no relation here. I'm sorry this wasn't the news you were expecting but the DNA doesn't quite match up." He says.

"So, Maia. You're not my baby girl." Anna cries. Literally, cries.

"That's cool. She's my mom in my heart." I exclaim.

"I'll leave you two alone." Dr Ingalls says as he leaves.

"Oh Maia!" Anna cries into my lap as the camera crew drift in.

"Anna it's fine. It's not the news we were hoping for but still fine. We can just pretend nothing happened and we can just go back to work." I say. I kiss her on the forehead and carry on. "I'm acting a bit I'm seriously upset."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went back to school in her office and she went back to work in whatever department she works in. Just like before, people float in and tell me 'it gets better' and 'I get your pain' when really I'm fine. It's Anna who's hurting here. I'm fine.

"Look kid, your a brave girl." One woman says as she collects her lunch. "I'm Alise. I'm Anna's boss and I've given her the week off so you can do fun stuff. And the camera men bribed me." Alise says.

"Really? Thank you so much Alise." I reply. "I better get cracking with school."

"Actually, Anna will be here in like 2 so pack up." She says strictly.

I pack away my things to see Anna walking in the room, all red eyed. She begins to speak.

"Hey kid. So, I'm not exactly I'm the mood to do stuff. But you made some friends the other day and I called them and asked if they wanted to come to mine."

"Don't you think you need someone right now?" I reply.

"The sound of you being happy will be my medicine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Aiden! Where's Kamryn?" I ask as Aiden enters the house.

"Oh, she had a soccer game today. It finishes in like 30. What happened to your arm?!"

"Broke it about mid way here." I say as I point to my forearm.

"I guess I need to get a new nickname for you. How about, cripple?" I shake my head. "Smash?" A shake again. "Well what do you think?" He gives up.

"Something funnier. Like, I don't know. Maybe Kamryn will have some ideas." I hope. Wait, why do I hope? It's a goddamn nickname..

Aiden and I watch the rest of into the woods with Anna in the kitchen because we didn't finish it earlier. There was Anna, singing along to every song

"You're such a weirdo." I say.

"But you love me." She adds, I agree.

"The,sat scene had just finished when Kamryn came.

"Sorry dude and dudettes, went into overtime. I won. Of course." Brags Kamryn. "What we gonna do now?" She asks.

"I don't know, chill in my room?"

"Cool. You got Netflix?" Aiden points.

"I got sky movies..." I reply.

"That's cool. Let's watch Pitch Perfect. Heard that's good." Aiden demands. Little did I know Anna is in that too...

A/N sorry this wasn't the news you were expecting :( I didn't know until I started writing... But trust me, it gets better. Sorry it's super short, I kinda rushed it. Oh yeah and chapter 1 of Pitch perfect 3 is up. Please go read it and tell me what you think.

Love y'all