Chapter 4

My tutor has come to pick me up from my house seeing as Kath is too lazy to drop me off. I hear a knock at the door, Kath sending me to get it, along with an envelope of money for this weeks tutoring.

"Hello. You must me Maia! My names Anna! Shall we go to my house?" My new tutor said. It was Anna, the nurse. She is one mysterious girl.

"Umm, yeah let's go. Bye Kath."

"Have fun honey." Kath says, not caring one bit.

We exit to a car parked outside. The figure I saw in the window was there, this time facing me. She looked nothing like Anna from the front. This means Anna isn't my mom.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"So, let's start with English, shall we?" Anna says, she always seemed so cheerful, even when my sister and dad were dying.

"I have an idea, how about we spend about half an hour getting to know eachother? I've heard it helps with future relationships or something deep like that."

"Sounds great! So tell me a little about yourself then Maia?"

"Well, I live with my aunt Kath because my twin sister, Alicia, and my dad passed away because of a car crash." A single tear runs down my face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She pauses for a few seconds. "Wait, Maia? I think I met you at the hospital? I can't believe I didn't recognise you!"

"I thought your fave rang a bell." I smile, looking 'cute' is one way to describe it.

"Well, I haven't got much to say about me, I work as a private tutor Monday to Thursday, my old student moved onto public schooling so now I school you, and on weekends I work at the hospital as a therapist to kids who are going through a tough one time."

"Is that it? I want to know more about your life, not job!"

"Well tell me more about your life too!"

"Well, I don't have that many close friends, but I'm overly happy with it. I also do dance."

"Can you show me some of your moves?"

"Sure!" I move the table out of the way and I do a standing no handed handed cartwheel. Her face lights up and she claps whilst I do a little curtsy.

"That's so good!"

"Can you do anything like that?"

"You will never meet a worser dancer than me in your life." I smirk and she nods rapidly.

"So tell me more about you, other than your job, that is."

"Well, I'm a very boring person, I don't have many friends, boyfriend, well, I used to, but he dumped me hardcore. So now I live in this house, on my own. The way I like it."

"Jeez, bummer." She playfully punches my arm and continues talking.

"I'm 29 years old and haven't done a lot with my life, so I plan on trying to kick start it, get a husband and settle down with some kids, unlike before.

"Unlike before? What do you mean? You've had kids?"

"Shall we get on with English then?"

"You have to tell me what you mean!"

"Look, I don't have to do this. You aunt can throw you with some strict cabbage smelling old lady. I try to be fair, respectful and funny, but that's my private life that I don't have to share with anyone. I didn't need to tell you any of that, or allow you to suggest what we can do. Now, can we please carry on with English?"

"Yes miss, umm, I never got your last name."

"It's Kendrick. But I'd like you to call me Anna. I have being called Miss Kendrick. It makes me feel old."

Ok, yes Anna."