Chapter 17

Anna drove me and Kath home because after tonight she thought Kath wouldn't want me sleeping there. I said goodbye to Anna but I slipped her a note that had my phone number on it. She nodded and put it in her pocket.

"See you tomorrow Kath." She says but only getting a cold, sharp look back.

"Maia. What happened today then?" Kath asks, obviously no really caring about me.

"Well, I slept over at Anna's, we left early and in the car Anna's sister called and she's coming round in her-" I say before I get interrupted.

"Sounds great now make me a cup of coffee." Kath rudely 'asks'.

"Kath, it's late and you want coffee?" I say as she gives me an 'I don't care' look. "I'm going to bed now. Make your own." I march upstairs without even looking back.

I slam my door and get my phone out to find a message from Anna.

Text conversation:

Anna: You alive?
Maia: I think so.
Anna: I'm at work tomorrow but if you wanted you could ASK KATHLEEN and come with me.
Maia: why would I want to work with crying children???
Anna: ...
Maia: fine I'll ask but don't expect me to enjoy it.

I walk downstairs to find Kath drinking from a wine bottle. Like straight from the bottle.

"Hey Kath, can I go with Anna to the hospital. Of course I'll be safe because, hospital." I say gently, so she doesn't lash out at me like she normally does.

"Do what ever you like kiddo." She says smiling at me.

"Umm, ok thanks."

Text conversation

Maia: I can go. I think.
Anna: what do you mean 'I think'?
Maia: Well she's drunk...
Anna: just leave a note in your room, ok?
Maia: I will. See you at 9 Anna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Anna." I say as I get into her car.

"You did leave a note?" She asks. I follow my nodding. "Right." Anna says as she starts to drive. "I need you today to make me look good in front of an inspector."

"Seriously!?" I ask. "You want me to come to look good for you?!"

"Maybe..." She admits.

"Let's just go." I swiftly say.

When we arrive she guides me to a different part of the hospital. But before, she does, she hands me a lanyard I have to wear and continue to walk

We enter into a familiar department. Then it hits me. This is where my dad and Alicia died.

I look to my right to see the room where I first met Anna. Where she told me the news and comforted me. Where she told me I was staying with my Aunt Kathleen. Where my life fell apart, kinda.

"Right, look over there, the inspector. Act like you love me." Anna exclaims.

"Act? I don't need to act. But let's just get this day out if the way. Just means I closer to finding my mom."

A/N: I am SO SO SO SORRY! I said I'd post a chapter Saturday... Little did I know I would have dance exams all Sunday and MY GEOGRAPHY TEACHER I SWEAR WHY THAT BIG OF A HOMEWORK??!!!?!!

Very sorry, but I tried to make this as long as I could.

New chapter when this damn project is over ugh

- @AnnaKendrickAldc